ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Roof Ariel moulding/thread

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™
I am looking to get this bit replaced, or repaired.

Basically put my car through a carwash (yes I know!), and it ripped my bee-sting ariel clean off. Problem was, I could never remove it myself, because it was seazed on. What I can make of it, that the ariel was ripped clean off, taking the thread (from inside the moulding) with it. The moulding on the roof is still all there, but I can't see any thread inside the moulding, kinda like a hole. If that makes sense?

Need to get this fixed, but not really sure what I need to look for. My Dad once had to replace the thread on his ariel with the 172, but can't remember what he has to get. As he has a Civic Type R these days!

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™
Ah, just been the Reno, new base is £21.23 ex VAT, £24.41 inc VAT

Question... is it a tricky job to replace? Been looking at the moulding, and looks fixed solid. Not sure how to remove it without causing damage to paintwork on the roof?

Ah they've gone up :(

Pull the headlinig down in the car & see if it comes of from inside the car ? I never did it, just got a price a while ago.

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™
Ah they've gone up :(

Pull the headlinig down in the car & see if it comes of from inside the car ? I never did it, just got a price a while ago.

Pull the head lining down inside the car?

Sheesh, how the heck would I manage that without ripping the material?

N/A Currently
Pull the head lining down inside the car?

Sheesh, how the heck would I manage that without ripping the material?

Undo the plastic clips connecting the head lining, then head your hand a socket into the gap, 21mm i think.

Undo the socket, take it out, put the new one in, tighten it up, re-attach the headlinning :D

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™
Undo the plastic clips connecting the head lining, then head your hand a socket into the gap, 21mm i think.

Undo the socket, take it out, put the new one in, tighten it up, re-attach the headlinning :D

Tried it earlier, but think I have to remove the back seat belt. The one that is attached to the ceiling of the car?