ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Roof lining removal, advice wanted

anyone had the roof lining out of a clio? i want to take mine out to investigate a leaky sunroof and am after sum advice. is it hard to get out and put back in properly? any tips?

clio williams, Ph1 172

I think it a bit of a bugger. you can get the seals from renault i think for about £80,

Are you absolutely sure the leaking sunroof is because of the seal in the sunroof frame. Could be the join between the frame and the roof, or a snapped aerial base.

yeah im pretty sure cos ive already sealed it externally with black silicone, where the black surround meets the paintwork and where the glass panel actually moves too!!!

sealed the aerial too, and its deffo not that. i think its leaking in round the outside of the black surround, as some of the silicon has came away.

The point is i want to know how easy/hard it is to remove the roof lining! i wanna fix the dints. and when there fixed the sunroof will be out and fixed.

So has anyone had the roof lining out themselves? any tips etc?

clio williams, Ph1 172

Them dents should fix mate/ I had mine done. Not perfect but a lot better. Luckily mine was just a slight crease anyway. I never had to have the sunroof out on mine though.

If you take the sunroof out, wont you bend the frame because its plastic, so when you go to put it back in it will leak even more.