ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Roof Rack Advice Needed...

Edition 30
So the annual Cornwall trip is 3 weeks away and I still haven't sorted a roof rack/box for the Mrs car.

It's a 2010 Mitsubishi ASX and I'd like a decent sizes box to fit the pushchair or some suitcases in.

Am I best going to Halfords and getting them to set me up or am I gonna pay through the nose?

Anybody got any alternatives to Thule or are they the only brand I've heard of for a good reason?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Find out what footpack you need. Then scour marketplace for Thule.

Or brand new Cruz Aero.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
The roofbox company that @The_Pirate linked above is really good. I’ve bought my last four sets of bars and my box from there.

Just type your reg in and go from there. Gives you the options, high and low price.

A couple of things; the cheaper the bars, the noisier they’ll be. And the more annoying they tend to be to fit.

Edition 30
Thanks you lot.

Gonna order the racks from that site you posted and measure the pushchair and a few other bits tonight to see what size box would be good.

I'm thinking 420L should do the trick.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I need to get some roof bars for the 3 series. Will have a look on the link above
Cheers

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Another vote for the site above, I bought some Cruz bars from them and got a second hand genuine roof box on ebay