ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rose jointed dogbone Mount

Dodgy one
Obviously it could be done, I've got a powerflex one on mine at the minute along vibratechnics engine mounts, It feels noice :D

I could see when i took a look at my dogbone mount, because my oldengine mounts were weellll shagged. Its took a lot of abuse and the bush was looking slightly deformed.

Would making up a rose jointed dogbone be a good idea for the road, Would it be likely to damage anything?
Obviously the vibrations would be up though lol

340i
I've got one if you would like it?

A few of the MK1 boys run them, I tried it on my 172 for a few weeks, made the gear changes excellent but that vibration is worse than OE !

I use one to adjust the 'pitch' of the engine so the downpipe clears the smaller gap on a Mk1, and to stop any knocking/banging

IMG_6235.jpg

IMG_2149.jpg

172 Race Car
We got one kicking about the workshop somehwere, decided to poly bush the stock mount instead of using it

I remember seeing a 1*2 with a sheared off gearbox mount (on the casing) when using a polybushed mount (bmh.01 maybe? Although his box may have been a dodgy one, who knows) Ive not seen a Mk2 box that uses the twisted sort of bracket in person, so im not sure on the design differences... Ive never had a problem on the Mk1 as the box end of the mount is a seperate piece of metal bolted on seperately, so its never going to shear off...

340i
I remember seeing a 1*2 with a sheared off gearbox mount (on the casing) when using a polybushed mount (bmh.01 maybe? Although his box may have been a dodgy one, who knows) Ive not seen a Mk2 box that uses the twisted sort of bracket in person, so im not sure on the design differences... Ive never had a problem on the Mk1 as the box end of the mount is a seperate piece of metal bolted on seperately, so its never going to shear off...

Exactly! I ran it on my MK2 for a good 6months, never had any issues

Well im guessing Ph1 boxes have the same design as a Mk1 Box acctually, as they can be used in the Mk1 conversions so the dogbone mounting has to be pretty similar... Maybe just some Ph2 and 182 boxes are the one where the bolt goes in upwards? Never seen one in person though!

Dodgy one
Ive never had a problem on the Mk1 as the box end of the mount is a seperate piece of metal bolted on seperately, so its never going to shear off...

Thats the first thing i noticed when i saw you pictures, The twisted one has an offset bush on one end to keep the dogbone inline, which i'm wondering how to overcome, All i can think of at the min is an Ali spacer so it'd work, but then i dont want to stress anything But been rose jointed i shouldnt need it but it wont be inline wether this would be an issue i dont know?

I'm now thinking of ways to lower the engine 15mm on the chassis and run a rose joint dogbone It wont happen but i can "think" lol

I think the chap who had the problem with the powerflex one the bolt came loose elongated it and nackered it, My dogbone got threadlocked and torqued up as i read about his just before i fitted mine.

Its late, I'm tired, had a drink and off to bed because i dont know how much sense that made lol

340i
you have a nut either side of the rose joint, 2 per end (if you look at Foxys pic) which allow you to align each end of the mount :)