ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rotiform

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Love me a set of Rotiforms! Was looking to get a set of reps for the audi a while back.

Focus RS Mk1
I have to laugh at the the replica wheel haters. forgive me if im totally of topic here!

i can see the attraction of a genuine wheel set, i really can. But if i came along with a set or replica's and told you that such and such a wheel was orignial, and cost me so many thousands of pounds, you'd think non the wiser no? am i missing the mark. How would you know that they werent the orignals, (if they were badged up as so)

Surely this is just brand snobbery at its finest. personally i couldnt give a flying feck who makes my wheels as long as they do what i want them to do.

Same sorta thing goes for my hardtail mountain bike. i built it myself, using a carrera frame, now ive had plenty of haters out there saying 'shame about the carrera frame' where actually the carrera frame (fury btw) is actually one the best frames available and won nearly all of its griup tests. My point is the brand snobs couldnt hack it. Who the fool here, them for paying over the odds for a overpriced peice of metal with a name on it, or me for paying a better price for something that does the job just as good if not better.

Im not sayin that reps are better, but these guys are hardly doing track work are they so as long as they work who cares who made them?

No?

Rant much? Point is replica wheels are s**t quality prone to failure and outright brazen theft of intellectual property.

Would you rock a £15 Chinese made Market bought replica of a Rolex, Tag, Brietling etc? Because this is the automotive equivalent. Trying to look like a baller on pocket money makes you look an utter knobend IMO.

I have to laugh at the the replica wheel haters. forgive me if im totally of topic here!

i can see the attraction of a genuine wheel set, i really can. But if i came along with a set or replica's and told you that such and such a wheel was orignial, and cost me so many thousands of pounds, you'd think non the wiser no? am i missing the mark. How would you know that they werent the orignals, (if they were badged up as so)

Most people in the know, will know. Clueless kids in McDonalds will jizz all over themselves though.