ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rotrex mounted on K4M, what now ?

Secma F16
Hello !

I have a Secma F16 with a K4M 1600 (with no dephaser pulley) engine on it, and decided to add a Rotrex C15-60 to give it low boost (0.5bar).
Installation is done, but I have some issues, and would like some advices from you as some of you probably know well more than me !

I don't want to make a long description, because I don't know what you want to ear (and my english is not so good)
So I will describe what I found usefull, (and my problems), and answer your questions, and explain what you want me to explain more;

Components of the system:
- Rotrex C15-60 unit with 85mm pulley
- Audi 1.8T dump valve (06A145710N)
- custom mounting plate for the rotrex (2017A, 10mm) (DXF file: View attachment k4mplate.DXF.zip)
- 60mm tension roller (ref APV1029)
- IWP042 injectors (clio2rs)
- 6PK1835 belt

The setup was quite plug and play, and the plate not really difficult to make.
Be carefull, my engine is reverse mounted so I don't know if the mounting plate will go on a clio2;

Setup is currently:
> butterfly valve > engine​
air filter > rotrex > dump valve > outside
> pressure checking valve​

I don't have AC on my car, just an alternator, so maybe the belt length have to change to match your conf;

Here are my current questions:
- Do you think a reprog is necessary with this setup ? As I saw that the Sirius32 ECU is adaptative and corrects air/fuel ratio by itself...
- Do you think an AEM is needed ? (currently checking by looking at my spark plugs)

During first tests, my boost is not what I thinked it would be (+50hp gain) as the car is 600kg, I would normally feel it more; and the boost is quite late in the RPM; I think I'm only getting 10hp or 20hp actually;
- Can this be caused by the air filter restricting air input ? (clio2 1.2 8V stock paper cylindrical filter, ordered something better, waiting for it)
- Can this be caused by poor tubing ? (I used used boa-type flexible tubing, but this is crap, so I ordered silicon tubing, waiting for it)
- Do you think a pulley of 85mm is right for this engine (max RPM about 6200, damper pulley diameter 150mm) ?
- Can the compressed air go where I didn't think it would go ? (carbon canister, etc)

What should I do this weekend ? I planned to test with and without rotrex with Powerdyn obd software to more accurately see the problems / power curve / gain. I installed a tire valve to check pressure but it's before the butterfly valve, is this ok ? (I ordered a boost manometer that will take pressure on intake, but didn't received it yet)

I know that my setup is ghetto style right now as I've been on it only 2 weekends, but I'm trying the best I can to make a clean setup, so please be indulgent :)

IMG_20140419_205631.jpg

Secma F16
I've calculated that I will need ~260 cc/min, the IWP-042 ones gives 240 @ 3bar, on this engine they run @ 3.5bar, so this should be enough ? (btw i've only run the engine 2 miles with this setup)

What do you recommend ?

clio dci , ren8
Until you sort out your fueling via programing your ecu or running a stand alone ecu you are wasting your time & as Dan said earlier risk damaging your engine as the mixture will be to weak . But get the fueling correct & you should have a fun motor :) Good luck

Secma F16
Thanks for your help :)

I already sent a mail to the guys at fastchip to know if they can do something on my engine. I think I will switch injectors to iwp043, better be safe on this side.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
yep fastchip can map a k4m no idea if the ecu can be used with a boosted application but id imagine it will, however not as good as aftermarket management! but henk will be able to map it with a wideband its not ideal but its possible

Secma F16
Ordered a wideband, but can't get my hands on IWP043's, do you think the megane rs injectors (8200511099) will do it ?

edit: just called renault france, 75 gbp/unit :dead: (will order them in uk if necessary)

Last edited:

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
when tuning 1.2 TCE engines you can use F4R injectors and then F4RT injectors when needed as an upgrade so id imagine they will be fine on your K4M fuel rail! but not 100% on that

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
have a search on here there was a member fitted a turbo ran 170bhp and 200nm with only changing the injectors.
someone else ran 200bhp then upped it to 220bhp before the standard bottom end went.

Secma F16
ben lee, I think you refer to this topic.
The guy who have the turbo don't know which injectors he is using (??).
Someone in this topic say that the injectors are IWP042 (here) but he also says that they are giving 283cc/min (@3 psi but I think he means bar), but I think this is incorrect.