ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rounded carrier bolts

Mk3 dCi 88
Thanks for previous advice on stuck slider guys - passengers side new disc and pads all looking good now.

So now I've moved to the driver's side and the previous owner has somewhat rounded off both the carrier bolts and they need to come off to replace the disc and get the other stuck slider out.

There is alot of surface rust which I've cleaned off around the bolts and have given them a good soaking with penetrating oil. I'm guessing I don't need to pay too much attention to the bolt head end of things as they just pass through the carrier which has no thread.

Any tips on getting them out? I might need a better socket or maybe I should be applying some heat to the bit of the hub they attach to?

Thanks.

Dodgy one
I would advise mole grips, They arent that tight, clamp on and a good sharp tap should free them, You shouldnt need heat but a bit wont hurt

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
I would advise mole grips, They arent that tight, clamp on and a good sharp tap should free them, You shouldnt need heat but a bit wont hurt

Good call, forgot about those :eek: Have got me out of many a situation with sticky bolts.