ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS 200 sill damage advice on potential purchase

Chocice

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, RSI, 200
Hi guys, I’m looking to buy an rs200 I found one but it seems to have been damaged on the lower sill I just wondered how serious this is? And what would be involved in repairing it.

Attachments

• A9626EC9-0FC2-421A-BC10-40D99EA63146.jpeg
    A9626EC9-0FC2-421A-BC10-40D99EA63146.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 113
  • 922DE222-CF1D-47CF-8D65-9E6C6A6244A2.jpeg
    922DE222-CF1D-47CF-8D65-9E6C6A6244A2.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 115

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Impossible to say without getting g the side skirt off to have a look.

Budget £5/600 to have it repaired and I don’t think you’ll go far wrong. But if you want to be 100% sure, the skirt needs to come off.

Chocice

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, RSI, 200
This is how it looks from the passenger side with the door open, it’s creating a bulge

Attachments

• 4591A2FE-C320-4818-9D30-2BD7F7D5DACB.jpeg
    4591A2FE-C320-4818-9D30-2BD7F7D5DACB.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 115

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
The pic underneath compared to the pic inside the door look different locations.

It wouldn’t bother me personally. But as Daniel says, there’s no real way of knowing what’s actually bent without taking it apart.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
As above - it’s a buyers market for 197/200’s. I’d only settle for something that doesn’t bother you. That sill WILL bother you.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
This one.
I suspect that as its been readvertised and is suspiciously cheap that thats not been jacked poorly as the seller assumes. Vcheck it.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
This one.
I suspect that as its been readvertised and is suspiciously cheap that thats not been jacked poorly as the seller assumes. Vcheck it.

Non-cup chassis, paint issues, no spoiler, no recaro’s, lumpy sill.. I wouldn’t say that’s cheap tbh.

Chocice

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, RSI, 200
This one.
That’s the one, I will v check it and let you know if anything comes up but it’s priced fairly in my eyes considering the miles and poor condition, it sits in a market of overinflated car prices making it seem cheap.

Chocice

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, RSI, 200
As above - it’s a buyers market for 197/200’s. I’d only settle for something that doesn’t bother you. That sill WILL bother you.
I have had multiple mk2 clios and never a mk3 or above so when I see sill damage I just think grab the mole grips and the dremmel, it’s never 100% but good enough for me, I’m not liking the bulge though and I would want to fix it mainly to sort that out.

Chocice

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, RSI, 200
This one.
Nothing showing on v check

Chocice

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, RSI, 200
Right I had a good look today, my experience tells me here that some cat thief jacked it up on the very very edge of the passenger side door as there is a new cat on it which seems very premature in terms of a replacement (I know at one point those Facebook cat buyers where buying them up for ridiculous amounts of money at one point like £500 cash in hand no questions asked) The door seems to be bent at the bottom to so that shows how on the edge the jacking was done. No rust though

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
That’s a lovely story, but doesn’t really tie up with reality given the 197/200 cats are worth about 30-70 quid.

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
I disagree. They know exactly what they’re targeting and why.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah any smack rat knows a cat is worth money, but maybe not which were the higher value ones. The sill damage could have been caused by a jack and who else would jack a car there?