ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Clio Phone mount...... What are people using?

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
I need to sort a phone mount out for my Note 2 to go in the 182. I'd prefer something that i can mount to the centre console so that the phone is just above the vents. Don't really like using window suction mounts, but also don't want to put holes in the dash either. On my last car i screwed the mount through one of the vents and into some small bits of wood to hold it in place, this worked pretty well and the mount covered the messy bits of wood so it didn't look too bad, but obviously then covers the vents making them useless.

I've used Brodit mounts in the past but they are quite expensive and i tend to change phones about once a year, so always need to change mounts at the same time, they also don't allow case on the phone, which is a bit useless for me, so probably looking for a good quality universal mount really.

What are people using? Pictures in the car would also be great.

clio sold :(
I have a Halfords phone holder for my Note 2 works great. But its suction mount i like it but if you dont like the suction mount. it did come with one of them adhesive discs so you can almost put it anywhere but you still use the suction mount.
And I use a usb charger to charge it

2013-03-13113026.gif

Last edited:

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Don't like the idea of sticking something into the CD slot on my brand new stereo.

Looked around a little bit more and came across another thread on here (via a google search), the brodit proclip came up, when i looked on the brodit website previously the only mount shown was positioned next to the passenger footwell, which i didn't want. This one hooks over the centre vents and can be positioned anywhere along, looks pretty neat, and although the vent will be blocked hopefully the air will still make it's way around the phone.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?248428-Phone-holder-picture-request

So ordered one from Amazon for £15 (got the last one listed). Then got the brodit note 2 mount, hoping i can adjust it slightly so it holds the note 2 with a thin case (i did this previously with my S2 brodit mount, heated it up under the grill slightly so that i could bend it a couple mm's apart). More than i wanted to spend really as it's cost £35 all in. But it seems it's the best available option that covers my preferences and i'm confident with the brand having previously used them.

Thanks for the replies. I'll try and update the thread with pics once it's all installed.

I bought a suction mount from Tesco recently and have it mounted so my S3 sits just in front of the main display with the clock etc. That way it doesn't obscure my vision and is still within easy reach.
I have an Alpine head unit so the main display never gets used anyway so mounting it there was the logical choice. Plus that way I can tuck the USB charger cable in the glove compartment. :)
I'll upload a photo later so you know what I'm on about.