ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS pet hates

Mondeo TDCI 130
For all those moanig about things - i.e. it's too slow etc.

Why not just sell it & buy a faster car ?? You can get a lot faster for the price of a 172/182 these days.

Ditto.
Good little car for what it costs to run.If you want a quicker car buy an Evo or a Scooby but se how much more it costs to run.

I have had a scooby, and it wasnt half the car, felt like a barge in comparison. was quick though! glad i got shut, every chav has one.

Minter though! :
scoobclio.jpg

172 Ph1
^^^^ I am as soon as I can afford one. :rasp: :eek:

Pet hates:

Car feels like it's going to fall to pieces
rattles
squeaks
more rattles
hate the steering wheel - too big and made of putty.

It's got an MOT next week, I'm sure i'll hate more of it after that!

How could i forget the putty wheel! lol

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Oh what about whenever you use the cig lighter for sat nav etc, when you pull the lead out the entire cup holder thing comes out.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
lol my car is s**t, hate it, also not to mention the rocking chair drivers seat that i here quite often.

Abarth 500 Essesse
its a renault, surely the rattles/ squeaks are to be expected, the seating position isnt great and its dated because the design is 7 years+ old, still love it though

320d
is it only women on this forum, never satisified lol.

think your right mate, if you guys hate your cars so much y not sell them, you obviously like them enough to join an owners forum and that should make u an enthusiast.

Steering wheel is HUGE on clio's though, feels like your driving a bus.

M140i
I don't understand why half of you have bought renaults after reading this thread?

Couldn't agree more, if certain people hate them so much, why still own them?

Only things I disklike are the huuuge steering wheel and the rattley dash which is easily fixable with rubber washers ;););)

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Seating position sucks.

Lack of road presence frustrates at times.

Can't think of anything else that wouldn't be expected from a French city car with a big engine in it.

Mountune Tractor
I do think the steering wheel is slightly big but can anybody tell me why you think the seating position is so bad? I always found it really comfortable in my old 172, felt nice and high. I'm guessing it's crap for a track or something???

106 GTi
You sit far to high and feel like your sat on the seat balancing on it rather than in it. My run of the mill 1400 306 has a more sporty feeling seating position. Drive a 205 or 306 GTi and then get back in your Clio and see where the issues are.

AX xsi
so its the position rather than the seats? i was kinda looking forward to them nice seats in the 172's. They really can't be as rattly as my AX!

Has been a good read this thread as will give me an idea of what is normal when i come to test drive one!