ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS stamped difference over matched inlets

172 cup
Hi all.

Had a quick look and couldn't find the answer. Is there any difference between the 2 with performance or general running of the engine?

Thanks

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
None whatsoever, I had my RS stamped inlets matched, might aswel have thrown £170 quid off a roof for all the good it did.

The RS inlets are pretty much already matched as the casting is much better, so having them matched gives little to no improvement.

172 cup
Mmm.. Jam sport told me different. So basically I will be wasting my time swapping an RS one with a matched one! Great.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Well of course they would they want a sale, they're not going to tell you a product they sell has no real effect.

My inlets were matched by Jam Sport too, i'm not slagging them off or anything, they were really nice blokes, they may even have rolling road printout that show a few bhp improvement, it's just in terms of power you won't notice a damn thing on RS inlets.

The 3 best mods on these cars for improving/optimising power are the K-Tec style induction kit, a decent 2.5 inch stainless steel exhaust and a remap by a good tuner, after that you'll have to spend big money to get more bhp.

172 cup
Well its misrepresentation in my book regardless of sale. If there is a gain then it's fine but no gain, then there's a problem. I'll roll road mine and see what happens. I understand these are very limited to gains unless big money spent which would not really be worth it to most owners.

Thanks

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Tbh they're not lying if their printout says 3bhp improvement, it's jut a gain that small won't be noticeable in the slightest.

Just read their site, nice blokes or not, this statement is utter b*llocks!
http://jam-sport.co.uk/shop/renault-clio-rs-modified-inlet/
'By matching and opening the ports and runners out on these inlets we have typically seen gains of 8-13bhp'

That's remap territory ffs, if they gave you those kind of gains I think i'd have noticed when I drove home.

Last edited:
  172 cup
Right. I'm going to put this to the test. Where can I take my car (live in Farnborough. Hants) where I can get a reliable RR test. Obviously I'll need to take the car away change manifolds and go again so is there any factors needing to be taken into account? Temp? Etc.. Unless someone has done this before?