ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Tuner - downloading maps help

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Bought the maps from Fastchip.

Got the email, downloaded the cal.

Clicked the link for the RST file, and the thing wont bloody work. Keeps saying bad path! Now got to wait for Henk to sort it out!!!

:(

Sam!

Audi TT 225
Where did you put the files? If you put them in your home directory in windows it has a massive path which may cause problems, you tried putting them on the C: drive or something instead?

Ian

LY R26 #288
I've got the RST file on my computer. Whats your email? I can send you it.

It is the 8200 one you want right?.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
bought my rs tuner recently and connected it to my car.
here are the data shown in the ecu information tab

> manufacturer:001 (siemens sirius 34)
> part number: 8200476538
> program number: 00E5
> hardware version: 8200326733
> software version: 8100
> calibration version: 7803
> diagnose version: 09
> If I understand correctly from the help page the rst file I need to
> download is this:
> http://www.fastchip.nl/index.php?pa...ategory_id=18&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26
> and the cal file:
> http://www.fastchip.nl/index.php?pa...ategory_id=20&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

I\m about to get an unlock code from fastchip and wanted to be sure these are the correct rst and cal files for my car
thx!

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
Bought the maps from Fastchip.

Got the email, downloaded the cal.

Clicked the link for the RST file, and the thing wont bloody work. Keeps saying bad path! Now got to wait for Henk to sort it out!!!

:(

Sam!
I'm in the same situation now :(
can anyone help?

LY R26 #288
bought my rs tuner recently and connected it to my car.
here are the data shown in the ecu information tab

> manufacturer:001 (siemens sirius 34)
> part number: 8200476538
> program number: 00E5
> hardware version: 8200326733p
> software version: 8100
> calibration version: 7803
> diagnose version: 09
> If I understand correctly from the help page the rst file I need to
> download is this:
> http://www.fastchip.nl/index.php?pa...ategory_id=18&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26
> and the cal file:
> http://www.fastchip.nl/index.php?pa...ategory_id=20&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

I\m about to get an unlock code from fastchip and wanted to be sure these are the correct rst and cal files for my car
thx!

They are the right files mate.

Anyone who needs the 8200 rst file, drop me a pm with your email in and I'll send you it since I've got it on my computer

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Lol. Ive just sent it to him JRS.

He got the same fault as me from the fastchip website.

I messaged Henk about it yet got no reply.

Sam!

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
waiting for the unlock code from henk now. I guess I should have it by tomorrow?

LY R26 #288
waiting for the unlock code from henk now. I guess I should have it by tomorrow?

Would have thought so. Although I had to wait 2 or 3 days for him to send me the map. But it was a weekend so can't complain.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
Good good, I swear the link works for me. Did you guys right click and click save as?
right click where it says "start download"? it's not working
like bonxy, I could only download the cal file

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
one more thing,
when connected the rs tuner to my car , clicked on "about" and so on.. the code I had to send to henk was smth like EEBEVF1CB1Nxxxxxxxx. it looks like that code contains the VIN number from the previous owner right?
although I imagined that should contain the VIN number from my car. the rs tuner software recognized my VIN number as it was showing in the lower bar of the rs tuner main window

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
all done now, the car feels good. I like the increased idle speed as I have solid mounts. feels smoother at low rpm's and more eager to go. new 7500 rpm limit is nice also
Thx Henk for the quick email replies and the support!
worth the money ;)

172 cup, Impreza P1
Need to get mine set up so this should defo help!

Fingers crossed as I'm an idiot when it comes to this sort of stuff. Might see some more daft questions soon!

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
my emisions light came on after I had a blast las night after reprogramming the car. anybody else got this? I hope it's non related to the rs tuner. As I can recall you can switch off the light with the rs tuner?

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
A quick question.

Im going to remap a 182 cup today. They don't use a different map from the full fat do they?

It's still an 05 reg the same as mine.

Im sure there the same. Just want to verify.

Sam.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
A quick question.

Im mapping a 182 cup this weekend and im pretty sure its the same maps that I used on my full fat 182. There both 05 reg if that helps.

I would be just putting the 8200 update on then the 98 ron map.

Can someone verify.

Thanks, Sam

Westfield
Check the Vin for the car if it's CB21 or CB22 then its the same map,

I'm guessing all 182's will be CB21/22 as there the only 182 maps on the website.

172DD Cup
i'm going to be doing this shortly. is it safe to attach a battery charger while the battery is still connected up in the car?

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
isn't a rstuner locked to a car? ie you cannot use it on another without having another license?

connecting charger to a battery is no problem, do it all the time when swapping a battery out.

172DD Cup
isn't a rstuner locked to a car? ie you cannot use it on another without having another license?

connecting charger to a battery is no problem, do it all the time when swapping a battery out.

mapping is locked, reading codes can be done on any car

thanks for batt advice.

172DD Cup
can anyone tell me where to find the vci driver? i've got the rs tuner 4.27 software but it didn't automatically install the driver. the manuals tells you how to install the driver separately but i can't find where to download the driver from!

172DD Cup
it installed on my xp pc, so just put xp on the laptop. voila.

my rs tuner is an old one with firmware 110. apart from the pop & bang maps, is there any limits to what i can do with it compared with a later model

172DD Cup
it installed on my xp pc, so just put xp on the laptop. voila.

my rs tuner is an old one with firmware 110. apart from the pop & bang maps, is there any limits to what i can do with it compared with a later model

Megane RS 250
I've bought this one:
P1040704.gif

Which version is it?
I have two laptop, one with 7 and one with xp, I'll need to use the second one?
What car is it compatible with?

172DD Cup
the old one, it will tell all you need to know when you plug it into the laptop.
xp yes.
what car- can you elaborate? it will be fine on your 172.

you can't upload the pop&bang map with it, but other maps are fine. best mod i made, even with the unrelated(?) running problem.

Megane RS 250
As I am a member of an italian Clio club and also have quite a few friends with meganes so I was wondering what are the car compatible with this version (197? 203? Megane RS?) to share it.
I'll use the xp laptop, thanks for the info.

Is there an optimized map for 95 ron fuel? 98/100 is quite expensive right now.
I'm going to have the car on the dyno at work before and after the map.