ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rs Tuner help

Yozza'd Titanium 182
I have read every guide at least 3 times.
Ive watch the fastchip videos on youtube.
I have used the search bar and im still really struggling.

Here is were im up to...
I have been sent 3 attachments from fastchip.
I have clicked the download icon and all three have downloaded to my computer.

I have followed to the second every step of this video...

When it gets to 29 seconds as you can see, it is suppose to allow me to back up files.
This doesnt happen.? ( I have a 182 and its the pop and bang map)
After trying it over again still nothing
So forgetting that i move onto 1:47 seconds in and on the left were "performance cal" is.... that isnt there eigther
I eventually find the files (which have no icons) they are just that white paper simbol and click it and I then get a message saying

"could not obtain security access to ECU
Reason: Invalid VCI license unlock vci first"

This is literally my last hope as im on the verge of smashing it up, can anyone help or point me in the right direction.
I would be most greatful.
Thank you

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
When you first plugged in, did you copy the VCI code and then send it to henk in order to obtain an unlock code?

Yozza'd Titanium 182
This is what I got back

Thanks for your purchase!

Your unlock code for 4DE3VF1CB220F3156510****is: D577****
Unlocks: reprogramming license (single)

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
In the same window that you originally got the 19 digit code from IIRC. Unlock VCI or summet like that

Yozza'd Titanium 182
In RSTuner click the About icon, this opens another window then click 'unlock VCI' button, paste the code in

Right this was the bit I was missing...
Done that now!
However when I click write cal this message is appearing...

Yozza'd Titanium 182

Kaktus

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF
You need to update the ECU software before you can apply the map (after backing up though). Can't remember the exact steps from memory, will see if I can find original email and post up the instructions

Yozza'd Titanium 182
You need to update the ECU software before you can apply the map (after backing up though). Can't remember the exact steps from memory, will see if I can find original email and post up the instructions
Thanks!
On the video I have watched it says to back up the file.
As I'm following it step by step it won't let me. The box stays greyed out

Yozza'd Titanium 182
Just click the read cal button and save a copy on your laptop.
When I clicked read cal the green bar appeard and took around two minutes. I'm guessing that was the back up but God knows we're it was saved to. Can I perform this action again and save to a secure location

Kaktus

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF
Loading up our performance calibration will ALWAYS void Factory powertrain Warranty.
Also ECU programming access will be limited to RSTuner VCI (interface) only. Even if you do program it back to stock.
By doing so, you agree to these terms.

Make sure you know how to put your car on FULL ignition !
http://fastchip.nl/manual/#3.0

Do NOT open the attached calibration file (.cal) with any other program than RSTuner software.
Do NOT use a guide from the forum(s) but instead use the following instructions !

1) Read the reprogramming instructions FIRST !
2) Backup your ECU configuration if applicable.
3) Backup your original .cal with the 'read cal' function.
4) Do not attempt to reprogram the ECU in freezing conditions.

First update your ECU software to _8200_7804.rst.
Takes about 30 minutes. Recharge Battery before next step.

Next apply the RON 97/98 performance .cal, which requires RON 97 or higher quality fuel.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Do you have two files from henk ready to put on your car?

An ECU software file, and a calibration file?

Yozza'd Titanium 182

yes and I have done the following

"About" (entered 8 digit code)
"Read cal" (copied the first link) - rstuner_8000_bla bla bla

The green bar appeard for about 2 mins....

Am I correct in thinking that I now need to

"Write cal" with the same link and then...
"Write ecu" with
Overrun map

172 Cup
I'm struggling aswell lol, ran through all the steps from the guide (what there is left of it) and tried using the steps Henk sent in the email, BUT when I got to the 'verify software version' stage, the software and the calibration was exactly the same before and after, so basically I don't think I changed anything. Finished it anyway, went for a drive etc and cant feel any difference whatsoever, just seems to idle the same aswell, how can I tell if its changed. Already emailed asking for help but no reply yet.

172 Cup

All I received from Henk was the calibration file, so I didnt use the 'write ECU' section I just followed his instructions in the email and went straight to write Cal with the file he sent me. Seems to be no difference :confused:

Kaktus

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF
All I received from Henk was the calibration file, so I didnt use the 'write ECU' section I just followed his instructions in the email and went straight to write Cal with the file he sent me. Seems to be no difference :confused:

What software version does RSTuner say for your ECU dalemalley?
Afaik 8000 is standard, 8200 is Fastchip

172 Cup
What software version does RSTuner say for your ECU dalemalley?
Afaik 8000 is standard, 8200 is Fastchip
Neither, mine is 7300, according to Henk I have done everything correctly and all the numbers are correct, I might have clicked the backup file instead of the new file so i'm gonna go out and give it another try soon.

Kaktus

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF
Neither, mine is 7300, according to Henk I have done everything correctly and all the numbers are correct, I might have clicked the backup file instead of the new file so i'm gonna go out and give it another try soon.
Ah sorry, numbers I quoted are for a 182, I guess 172 is different.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Sorry to state the obvious. After the advice referance the shocks and having limited funds to replace both you have gone ahead (unsucessfully) with the rs tuner?

Yozza'd Titanium 182

Im up to this bit.... I have backed up my data on read cal and read ecu....

Is this a safe calibration
upload_2015-6-13_17-7-52.png