ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Tuner.... New or 2nd hand?

172Cup
Looking into getting a RS tuner.... Can the car be mapped through these or is it only generic maps that can be downloaded from t'internet?
Also when you get the code for your car... can another friend get a different code for his car and can we both use this code/rs tuner over and over? on both our cars or can it only be linked to one car at a time and then need a new code?
I hope this makes sense?

also whats the difference in the older models and newer?
is it just the software?

sorry if this has been covered before. All help appreciated.

Clio RS 182
Looking into getting a RS tuner.... Can the car be mapped through these or is it only generic maps that can be downloaded from t'internet?
Also when you get the code for your car... can another friend get a different code for his car and can we both use this code/rs tuner over and over? on both our cars or can it only be linked to one car at a time and then need a new code?
I hope this makes sense?

also whats the difference in the older models and newer?
is it just the software?

sorry if this has been covered before. All help appreciated.

From my understanding...

It can only be linked to one car at any given time!

The newer versions can be used on Vista and Windows 7, the newer versions have a few more features and you need the newer version to download the pops and bangs map!

If you aren't bothered about the pops and bangs map and have a laptop with XP on it, just buy an older one.

172Cup
thanks mez... I presume the newer one still works on XP?
Not sure if i'd ever use the pops and bangs map but would be nice to have it lol

Clio RS 182
thanks mez... I presume the newer one still works on XP?
Not sure if i'd ever use the pops and bangs map but would be nice to have it lol

Yeh, It'll work on all versions but Vista and W7 didn't even exist when the older version were brought out.