ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Tuner Remap over a custom remap

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
My car has a custom remap to suit the RS2, but i'm considering removing it and putting the car back to standard. Obviously i'll need the mapping changed once complete to either the standard map or a remap.

Cheapest option looks to be the RS Tuner, as i'll be able to buy a second hand unit, licence it and purchase a 98Ron map for under a £100 once the unit is resold.

Am i going to have issues apply the RS Tuner map over the custom map? It's a RS Tuning map on there presently, but I'm worried it'll be locked down or something to protect it from being copied.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
It's the RS Tuner box that locks the ECU, it's a c***s trick that Henk does to prevent customers going anywhere else.

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Locking the ecu following the RS Tuner remap makes sense. I just didn't want to have any issues once i'd put it back to standard and tried to switch the mapping over using the box

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Efi can rectify the 'locking' of the ecu iirc

I'd read this before, probably why i've got it in my head that the ecu may be locked on mine by RS Tuning.

If i'm going to pull the RS2 off mine and put it back to standard, i need to be spending as little as possible putting it back to standard for it to make since. So going to EFI for a remap at £200+ wouldn't make much sense.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Removing the inlet and getting it mapped back to how it was, for an extra £100 imo is the go to thing to do. At efi or rs tunning.

Assuming you are selling the rs2?

RB Clio 182
Wouldnt a tuner(efi/rstuning etc) have a standard map file to upload to your car for fairly cheap? Its not like they have to do much if so, and its not all their hard work thats gone into it etc.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
You could probably use a standard map that you can buy. But if it was my car and was removing the inlet, I'd be getting it checked over to make sure it's running sweet.

car decatted? As the standard rs tuner map won't be best on that.

dan's cast offs.
If you're selling the inlet you'll get a better price if you sell it with the ecu with map on it to go with it.

Get another ecu cleared and Chuck it on yours.

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Just looking for the simplest solution that allows me to remove the RS2 to be honest.

I'm thinking a more standard car at a lower price will be easier to sell. People wanting power much above standard seem to go boost these days generally, and there are plenty of boosted clio up for sale.

Yeah, will be looking to sell the RS2 if it does get removed. Which will probably net me more money overall over selling the car as is.

I've had a RS Tuner remap before on my previous car and that was fine. So happy to go down that route. Only mods will be the exhaust system and possibly intake as I've not currently got the original air box, so could end up with a fatty setup.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Get a phase 1 or v6 airbox.

Would have thought the car would be quite desirable with the rs2, obviously depends what the car is like.

Hope the plans turn out ok mate

:)

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
To be honest i think it's a great spec for the money i'm asking for, and if i was looking for a clio i'd be all over it. haha

But the RS2 isn't something that's talked about on here much anymore, and generally people that are interested already have a Clio.

I would much rather it sold complete, as i've not really got the time to pull it to pieces.