ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rs tuner results

03 RS clio 172 flameR
just had my clio on the weigh bridge with sub and amp etc and come to 1120kg without me in.. is that high?

anyway i did a rs tuner performance analyser and it came back with 136bhp at the wheels which, tbh suck c**k.

it also had 25bhp of drag???

now its running pannel filter, matched inlets and the rs group N remap.

and iv lost 4bhp???

so i think you have to add the drag onto the bhp? is that right?

anyone know why i has such poor results?

RS RIP
weight is right i think..

my cup used to weigh at 1020, maybe you know the cup has no airco, lighter seats, lighter glass used , no xenon lights , lighter (less) carpeting inside the cabin, no rearwindshieldwiper, no abs, no esp, etc.

this could well be a 100kg worth of difference

the performance ; could also be right...

Audi TT
Can't remember what mine were without connecting the RSTuner again to look at the saved logs but I was very underwhelmed with mine. Sure they were coming out at 98kw's with matched inlets and panel filter and the 98RON map :(

330Ci Sport Convertible
My PH1 hit just above its reported bhp with a straight through exhaust,a CDA intake [i think thats what it is lol] and a group n remap. More importantly it drove 10x better on the road. Dont worry about the figures,if it feels better,it probably is.

mine made an average of 114Kw over three runs with a cat-back, matched inlets, simota and group n map. Works out at about 152bhp at the wheels.

so 136 isnt a million miles off.

As mentioned, if it feels better that's all that matters.

if your happy then i wouldnt worry.

if your not then get it on a RR and have it seen too, id use a DD one and then look at live mapping maybe...

03 RS clio 172 flameR
well im well happy with the remap, henk is great, just the log didnt seem to good lol. but the road has a little hill in the middle and it was very windy, going to go and compile 3 or 5 tonight see if there is a difference.

Audi TT
Will have a proper play with mine after I've visited Carlton on Tuesday for my cambelt change :)

Also got a decat ordered to be fitted in coming weeks

ClioSport 172 Cup
Hmm i only get 134 bhp too with rs tuner on my 172 cup. I have itg panel, mongoose stainless exhaust and rs tuner. These cars are supposed to be about 166bhp stock aren`t they?? I must be getting the weight wrong somewhere or i`m doing something wrong.

the 134 that the rs tuner has given is at the wheels, the manufacturer power figures are nearly always given at the fly, which doesnt account for the transmission loss you get in all cars, hence the lower at the wheels figure.

as you rightly say, 166 is much closer to actual stock atf power as the '172' tag is based on DIN horsepower which is a little higher than imperial hp. The converion actually brings it out at 169hp.

i remain unsure about the RStuner, with my mods i ran 116kW with a blowing and rattling centre section > 155bhp atw yet on pauls rollers the car with no blowing managed 147bhp at the wheels.....

only managed the one "clean" run though, first one showed 109kW iirc so keep at it untill you get three runs within 1% of each other....

PH1 172 Sport
RSTuner is not suppossed to be 100% accurate but it gives a ballpark figure that can be used for comparrisons before and after mods. Theres a thread on here somewhere on how to get an accurate reading from it. Basically you want:

No Wind or Runs in both directions on the road (compare to get an average)
A flat smooth road
An exact weight taking into account fuel etc
Then you also need to take into account air temps, humidity etc

RSTuner gives you an unbiased result of ATW power. People are used to flywheel numbers which we choose not to implement in the software as the total drivetrain loss is greatly dependant on Tyre /Tyre pressure.
Under the right conditions the PA is pretty accurate due to real world conditions.

Last edited:
  '04 172, '03 Hirsch 9-5
After being to several different dynos, I can honestly say that with the right numbers for weight and a good flat road in calm conditions the PA is way, way more acurate than any dyno.

Even dyno operators( the good ones) will say that they are a tuning tool to compare before and after - the actual numbers don't mean that much between different dynos.

On one dyno my SAAB got 153kw at the wheels - another over 180.

Guess what it still drives the same even after getting bigger numbers on the other rollers ;)

ClioSport 172 Cup
Yeh i guess i`m not taking everything into consideration when i do my run with the rs tuner. The road I used isnt perfectly flat, and i only do one run one direction + im not getting the car weight spot on, i had half a tank of fuel and i have a sub and amp etc. I was just guessing the total weight of the car roughly.