ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Tuning or RSTuner for my setup?

ClioSport 172 Cup
Just a quick one. Added a 182 manifold and decat to my 172 Cup + V6 airbox and CAF. Not really major mods I know. I would like to get it remapped to get the best I can out of what I have. Do I go RS Tuning Leeds for about £300(setup on rolling road etc) or the cheaper option of RS Tuner?

Would both net the same gains or is one superior to the other based on experience on here? All I`m interested in is the best BHP and Torque figures I can get from my current setup running V power, if RS Tuning will get me the best results then I don`t mind spending the extra £100, BUT if it will be no better than a Henk map then I might aswell get the RS Tuner.

Cheers,

Samuel :)

Ph2 Flamer
I'd go RS Tuner personally. If you flog the tuner on once you've mapped the engine then you're only out of pocket for the maps and unlock licence which comes in at around £100 with the CS discount. SO £200 cheaper (assuming you flog the tuner on for what you paid for it). Couldn't be happier with the difference a Henk map made to my 172 and I've got the v6 airbox and caf just not got the manifold/matched inlets yet.

R26 + EV0 FQ340
Having used both (allthough not Henk's maps), there both great. Henk's service is spot on and he always replies quickly to emails with advice. The RS tuner is a great tool aswell to data log and analyse the car with. Infact I used that to find out I had a problem. I was up at RS tuning Friday as my car was using excessive amounts of fuel and the injectors were maxxing out. Paul found out quickly that the map that the previous owner had put on was crap and I had his map loaded on. Paul found something else was up with the car and advised accordingly. Superb service from both guys.

ClioSport 172 Cup
I`m thinking of putting the the car on a diet too after the remap. I really don`t know what I can ditch on the 172 Cup, I thought the rear seats...but has anyone on here felt just how light they are anyway??? I also thought about replacing front seats with light bucket seats...but again I don`t know if I can get any lighter front seats without spending big money for carbon fibre ones...
I have been running with no PAS for a year now and have coped ok, so I thought I could possibly ditch the PAS pump, piping, reservoir etc. Talking of disabling PAS, would my car fail MOT if I still had the PAS rack(but removed all other evidence, i.e pump, reservoir, piping..)