ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS TUNING Supercharger conversion??

Mk2 172
you won't get anything on here son ;) as i said, call him

I know dude i just wondered if anyone had one on their car and had put pics up at some point in the past.
Ive tried callin him this morning but no joy so will call him this afternoon :)

White Evo V
My cars there now should be done soon! As for pricing call him, dont want to name any prices on here, if your genuinly interested give him a bell!

Lionel Richie
because of the "company a's kit is £x and company b's is £x, who what where when why" que the slanging match etc etc

plus i think paul was finialising prices with the rad/cooler people last time i was ooop there

White Evo V
Yeah apart from pauls mines the first one to be done!

And as for posting up prices there is no finalised price yet, as you probably know mine is the 1st one and Paul is still finalising prices on certain parts! Once mines done and finshed I'm sure there will be a finalised price.

Instead on supercharging the 197 just buy a megane 225 engine and bang that in, almost a direct fit, alot more reliable and easily tunable for big power. Plus itl save you cash over a charger I reckon!

White Evo V
Yeah but you dont get nowhere near 250bhp! Id rather pay an extra £1000 for a supercharger. ITB'S sound awesome but just doesnt compare to the sound the engine makes with the charger, you have to hear it to believe it!

How much did you expect it to be when the charger alone is £1750!

Pauls kit is over £1000 cheaper than 'other' companys supercharger kits.

Last edited:
  Golf GTD Mk7
what supercharger is it? i've not heard about Paul doing this? Sounds very reasonable. You got any engine bay pics of yours ben?

RS RIP
'^^it'll be a rotrex

And a supercharger will blow away a Clio on Throttle trumpets , with a very nice powerdelivery not screwing up gearboxes ;)

White Evo V
No pics as yet, just got the car back today! Some will follow soon.

I have to say though the car is awsome! Pulls perfect, runs perfect etc....
I am very very impressed with it, by far the quickest thing I have ever driven! Really pins you in your seat in every gear, 250bhp 200lbft. The power delivery is so good, hardly no spin, no lag, no flatspots, just power on tap there straight away! I am so glad I went with the supercharger and not ITB'S! Really am! It is a true testament to Paul and to what he can achieve!

Pauls kit is awesome too, Custom alloy Radiator, intercooler and oil cooler all built into 1 unit, it looks so neat! My favourite part of the conversion really! I have been driving it tonight and everytime I put my foot down I have a huge smile on my face. The sound is amazing, popping, flames, chattering, whining! God this thing is a monster!

Also btw its approx £4k inc vat!

White Evo V
Yeah ordered the bracket parts for the rad, gotta pick it up in the mroning from the stealers! Was it you that helped us with the part numbers Fred?

White Evo V
I arnt sure on a DIY kit Russ, youll have to speak to him. I cant se why not!

Il try and get some pics and a few videos up today at some point, probs more likely to be tonight by the time I will get chance to upload them.

Expert HDI & R53
I arnt sure on a DIY kit Russ, youll have to speak to him. I cant se why not!

Il try and get some pics and a few videos up today at some point, probs more likely to be tonight by the time I will get chance to upload them.

Is it all finished now ben? Whats it running?

182 Cup
£4k ish? I thought it was nearer £6k? Hmmmmm... Temptation. How long did it take to get it all fitted and running?

RS RIP
can somone give me a link as i cant seem to find this on rs tuning :(

THis is actually pretty much coming out of a developement phase , these/this are/is the first customer(s) driving around with one of these. Project has been going on for i think about a small year now . I think once they have done a couple of cars and sorted out the time needed for mounting and final costs of all brackets (production-wise made ) then they will advertise a price me thinks

White Evo V
Yeah this kit is just out of development as franx mentioned, my cars all done now just running a temporary air filter for now until ITG deliver the proper one next week. It has taken a while for mine to be done, parts were under development for about 5 months for my car and my car has been down there for about 6 weeks. I think now paul has all the mock ups for the parts and all the sources he needs I reckon he could fit these kits in a week or two?

Power is exactly:
247.9 bhp at the flywheel
208.5 bhp at the wheels
200 lb ft of torque

but there is some more advansing to do on the mapping

A guy in a Focus ST tried having a go at me today, left him for dust on the dual carriagway. He stopped at the lights and put his window down and his words were 'Jesus whats in that!' He was running just shy of 300bhp too! He still had no chance! Quality!

White Evo V
Also I have been that busy today messing with other things that I havnt had time to take any pics or vids. Im going to TRAX tomorrow so some of you may see me there? If not il have some up sometime in the week!

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Glad you are enjoying it mate :)

I think you should seriously be looking for new rubber now ;)

For anyone interested the kit will be £3500+VAT unless anything major comes up on the filter side! (or anything else that needs adding/changing)

This is drive in drive out which includes custom mapping on the stock ECU. The car drives like a stock 172 until you want the power and retains ALL standard safety features such as slow know correction, closed loop control, abs, traction etc etc. No lights on the dash because sensors are missing :)

This conversion is for all PH1 and PH2 172's and 182's. Non AC Cup cars may be more expensive as the bracket is designed based on the AC bracket.

Golf GTD Mk7
Glad you are enjoying it mate :)

I think you should seriously be looking for new rubber now ;)

For anyone interested the kit will be £3500+VAT unless anything major comes up on the filter side! (or anything else that needs adding/changing)

This is drive in drive out which includes custom mapping on the stock ECU. The car drives like a stock 172 until you want the power and retains ALL standard safety features such as slow know correction, closed loop control, abs, traction etc etc. No lights on the dash because sensors are missing :)

This conversion is for all PH1 and PH2 172's and 182's. Non AC Cup cars may be more expensive as the bracket is designed based on the AC bracket.

what's included in the kit paul? standard bottom end i presume?

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
what's included in the kit paul? standard bottom end i presume?

You get:
Rotrex C30-94 Charger
Custom alloy Rad
Custom Intercooler (Bolts to rad)
Mocal Oil Cooler (Bolts to rad)
Brackets to suit charger
Hardpipes once we get these sorted
Bigger injectors
Filter (ITG if all goes well)
Custom mapping.

This is restricted to suit the stock bottom end. It is possible to see 350-400hp with the right build.