ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rs192 exhaust problem...!

Renault Clio 182 Cup
Hi,

I had a rs192 scorpion exhaust fitted a while ago now but noticed a blowing noise when the cars hitting over 3000rpm... I have tried emailing the people I got it from but I think they've gone out of business :S

Would anyone else know where I could get a new gasket with the springs for the exhaust as a friend whos a mechanic located that the issue is coming from there???

Also i'm looking to sell the car so I want to make it perfect before she goes :dapprove:

Thanks,

Theo

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Same as the peugeot set I am led to believe

About a fiver from the dealers

Black Gold Trophy
that's not really a problem with your scorpion exhaust, it's a problem between the manifold and the standard cat.
You can buy the gasket kit from Renault for about £40 or from K-tec for about £20

Black 182 FF
Mine seemed to be doing that, I changed it and even though it looks fine when it's standing, I still seem to be hearing a small blow somewhere near the front.

Renault Clio 182 Cup
Apparently it happens due to when the engines under strain it twists or tilts which then effects the meeting points of the parts to the exhaust??????

I've ordered it just now and the guys at Northwest said I should get it tomorrow so i'll get a friend to fit it and let you know if it works.

Theo

Black 182 FF
Could it be made worse by worn engine mounts then?

Mine only seems to be noticable as I first start to accelerate.

Renault Clio 182 Cup
I guess it could do due to the movement of the engine but i'm not to sure... I recieved the part this morning so i'll get it fitted monday and i'll see if it makes any difference!