ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rs2 Xtra

Clio 182 cup
this weekend done a few things on the car that needed doing, so started by fitting new rear adjusters to my coilovers to raises the front and rear up 20mm
so am now happy with how the car sits :)

i then set about fitting my new recently purchased Rs2 Xtra and my aero catches

63A102C4-0D6D-4718-868F-DB3B992AD335-5872-000006058891BA7A.jpg

and finished

013740D2-F7C1-454F-B859-C6ACEF68F8EA-5872-00000605779A883A.jpg

My only problem now is that i seem to have a judder as if the throttle body is cutting in and out.

i have changed most things including :

Sparkplugs
Throttle pedal
coilpack
checked injectors
new magnacore ht leads

the only thing i havent changed is the throttle body do people think this could be the problem ?

Cheers

^^This, and weren't there some issues with the Xtra that were the reason it didn't make it to market?
the wrong length or taper or combination of the two could heve been the problem.

Lol what?

The reason it didn't make the market as it cost too much extra over the standard length RS2, and didn't provide that extra amount of power to justify the cost.

Dan, as long as you have it all plugged up okay etc, then the generic map you have may not be suffice with the RS2. Also get it all checked out on a diagnostics brogue getting it mapped, just incase there is a problem unrelated to the RS2.

Nick

Clio 182 cup
Yer I understand this nick the car is getting booked in for mapping in the next week or so, so this will shortly be sorted but I was told the car will run fine and is safe to do so as long as the car is not "driven like its stolen" until mapped.

So fitted it due to this weekend being the only weekend I'm not working.
I no there's alot of love and hate for the rs2 on This forum but I'm happy with the look, build quality and what ever gains I do get.

Many cars have run on even a standard map with the RS2 Dan, so like I said in the second part of my post get someone to plug it in to be 100% clear its not something ignition related or anything else like that.

Dan I would never tell someone that something would work if it didnt, that's not me. But it worked fine on my car and many other RS2 customers.

Nick

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Be careful where you book it in for mapping, some people seem to struggle to get proper power out of the RS2 properly.
Ktec for example mapped one guy on here's car and got such bad results that he was convinced it was worse than the standard inlet, despite the fact that when Mike from MWM maps them they regularly see 190bhp on Surreys independant rolling road.

If you bang the throttle open at low rpm on a generic map with an RS2 fitted then IME the accel enrichment doesnt keep up properly and it has a lean splutter, again this is just down to getting the correct mapping.

Clio 182 cup
Be careful where you book it in for mapping, some people seem to struggle to get proper power out of the RS2 properly.
Ktec for example mapped one guy on here's car and got such bad results that he was convinced it was worse than the standard inlet, despite the fact that when Mike from MWM maps them they regularly see 190bhp on Surreys independant rolling road.

If you bang the throttle open at low rpm on a generic map with an RS2 fitted then IME the accel enrichment doesnt keep up properly and it has a lean splutter, again this is just down to getting the correct mapping.

Ok chip cheers I'm yet to open it right up as Dont want to risk the cost of a engine so will wait for finished mapping. I did get the impression that 'some garages' wernt 100% on mapping the item. I will more than likely wait for mike from mwm to map as he seems to be getting the best results and knows the rs2 the best.

Clio 182 cup
Many cars have run on even a standard map with the RS2 Dan, so like I said in the second part of my post get someone to plug it in to be 100% clear its not something ignition related or anything else like that.

Dan I would never tell someone that something would work if it didnt, that's not me. But it worked fine on my car and many other RS2 customers.

Nick

no that's fair nick cheers for your help the other day as well.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I certainly cant think of anywhere other than Mike at MWM to recommend TBH. Trouble is I believe is mentally busy at the moment :(

Clio 182 cup
I certainly cant think of anywhere other than Mike at MWM to recommend TBH. Trouble is I believe is mentally busy at the moment :(

Do you have a number for him chip ? so I can at least get it booked in and get the ball rolling.