ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS200 gearbox

RB 200
Read afew stories about gearboxes on the RS200s having to be replaced. I've got one, I as just wondering what the telltail signs are that one is going as the cars still under warrenty and if it does go i'd like to be able to know a.s.a.p and get it sorted.

Cheers

Clio RS200 GW
I also have a RS200 and I have just picked it up from the garage this morning, yes new gearbox at 37000' signs are as everyone says crunching especially in 3rd and 4th during swift gear changes, mine was out of warranty even though the problem did start when it was under warranty my own fault for not recognising the signs sooner it got progressively worse, anyway I contacted renault and to be fair they have been ace I ended up paying £512 for a new box replacement the actual cost at a dealership is £2356 so although I'm miffed about having to have a new gearbox I'm also happy it only cost me what is it did, if this car costs me anymore I'm going to burn it, saying that I'm still of the opinion that it should not of cost me anything as its a fault, I'm convinced if you drive this car how its meant to be driven the road car version the one we all buy the gearbox will fail if you drive like a granny it will probably last but driving like a granny is not what this cars about I'm hoping to fall back in love with it if not I'm outta here so to speak,
These cars should stand upto track days aggressive driving high revs without anything failing to be fair as that is what they were billed as.
Thanks

RB 200
Cheers for the replies, I dont do high miliages in mine (only done 13k altogether on a 11 plate, 2k of those with me behind the wheel). So if theres any trouble ahead, I shouldnt know about it for a while if yours went on 37k Mancman (unless some go earlier than that)?
Still got 2 years warrenty left (call me parranoid lol), think I'll get an extended one just to be safe.

Clio RS200 GW
Cheers for the replies, I dont do high miliages in mine (only done 13k altogether on a 11 plate, 2k of those with me behind the wheel). So if theres any trouble ahead, I shouldnt know about it for a while if yours went on 37k Mancman (unless some go earlier than that)?
Still got 2 years warrenty left (call me parranoid lol), think I'll get an extended one just to be safe.
Yes I would at £375 or there abouts its kinda worth it for satisfaction.