ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RSA Ace Server anyone?

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Never with Logmein, but I have administered RSA ACE in the past in conjunction with our token based VPN authentication for remote users.

How old is the ACE system? Whats the situation with Logmein? You're using is as a corporate remote solution?

E39 530i
Hi Donny,

I've been asked to look into RSA tokens in conjunction with LogMeIn. We currently have a large number of users using / requesting access to their workstations wen away from the office. We have a VPN but users prefer to access their workstation rather than connect to a remote server.

At present we do not have an ACE server. Just toying with the best possible solution.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Could use a hosted RSA solution like Signify offer, can't be hard to link it up with another service if it supports it.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Hi Donny,

I've been asked to look into RSA tokens in conjunction with LogMeIn. We currently have a large number of users using / requesting access to their workstations wen away from the office. We have a VPN but users prefer to access their workstation rather than connect to a remote server.

At present we do not have an ACE server. Just toying with the best possible solution.

So you've got a terminal server at the moment and it isn't good enough? Why do they need access to their individual workstation? surely most stuff can be used in a terminal service environment (barring desktop wall papers!). They still want to physically remote control the machine??!! seems a bit weird for an office to see the mouses moving and screens accessing stuff without users there! Like skynet! terminator ftw.

We have a terminal services setup replicating email, internet, clinical system access, files and folders, printing and normal office application functionality. Barring individual touches, its a pretty functional setup.

Why do they want to access their own desktop? Once you get the complete brief and drill down into the nuts and bolts, you could recommend another option. Signify is a good suggestion.