ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RSi and RT gearboxes?

Clio Widearch
Can anyone tell me if the gearbox, driveshafts and mounts etc are the same on the mk1 1.4RT as they are on the 1.8 RSi?

cheers

S2000
gearbox and driveshafts can be used on both, they are slightly different in terms of design, but you can safely use the 1.4 ones with the 1.8 and vice versa. In terms of engine mounts I'm not 100% sure, I know you will be able to use the 1.4 dogbone and gearbox mounts but I'm not too sure about the top mount, or how well the dogbone and gearbox mounts will stand up to the 1.8.

S2000
The gearbox and driveshafts can be used on both, they are slightly different in terms of design, but you can safely use the 1.4 ones with the 1.8 and vice versa. In terms of engine mounts I'm not 100% sure, I know you will be able to use the 1.4 dogbone and gearbox mounts but I'm not too sure about the top mount, or how well the dogbone and gearbox mounts will stand up to the 1.8.

Clio Widearch
This is actually for a volvo 480 turbo conversion. I figured rather than buying a whole RSi. If the 1.4 gearbox bolts onto the RSi then it must bolt onto the volvo engine as its basically the same (i'm told). I can buy the other engine mount if required and the wiring loom off the RSi i'm looking at.

The car isn't being built for speed so having 1.4 driveshafts ahouldn't be a problem i'm hoping..and it will save me a bit of cash too...if it all fits together of course.

Clio Widearch
ahh right so the RSi's have beefier driveshafts so it would be better to use them.

Will the 1.4 box fit onto the volvo lump cos i'm sure i read somewhere that the housing wont allow it or something.