ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rsi bonnet on an rl prima

mk1 phase 1 clio RL prima
does anyone know if a 1994 1.8 rsi bonnet would fit on a 1994 1.2 rl prima? they both open the "bmw" back to front way so in theory they should be the same

terryc101

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it will. rsi bonnet is exactly the same as all mk1 ph1/ph2 bonnets. The only different ones are the 16v/williams that have the bulge/duct in it

They are also a straight swap on the above model

Chav Rocket
yes it will work no problem. just make sure you dont get a phase 3 one! phase 1 and 2 are the same.

also you can use the 16 Valve/williams bonnets too they have the bonnet vent but the dimensions are the same. if you do that you can also get the 16valve wings that bulge out too.

i thought the rsi bonnets have the vent too, my mates had it and his was standard. seen a few on google images with it too. i can get one for £43 delivered

terryc101

ClioSport Club Member
Nah only the valver/williams had the vent mate. someone must have put it on your mates, alot of people do wrongly refer to the valver as an rsi sometimes so causes confusion.

come to think of it, his might have been a valver. i've been offered a williams bonnet for £47 delivered so i'm gonna go for that. thanks for the advice mate, you've saved me alot of hassle and disappointment :0)