ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rsi temp. problem

clioMk1 RSi & Scenic
Hi, iv got a 1.8 8v mk1 rsi that i only picked up the other day. The car is mint and not long ago had a full engine rebuild. Since i'v had it iv noticed the temprature seems to gradually creep up past the usual midway mark on the gauge, When i asked my friend i bought it from he said its always done that and his williams done the same till he fitted a second radiator to it so my question is is this a common problenm with these engines/cars and if so should i look into uprating the cooling system with a new radiator or a second radiator??? :S all help much appreciated

ITB'd MK1
does it keep getting hotter, or just goes a bit higher than you think it normal? if it's stable at just above half, I'd say that was healthy and normal

clioMk1 RSi & Scenic
na doesn't keep gettin hotter just seems to sit a bit higher than what my opinion of normal is, it's worse in traffic though i'v noticed that