ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RSport ECU in standard 172

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by _KDF on 16 April 2004

Ye but side airbags..
Seperate module.

The PCM (powertrain control module) is shared.

The clio uses lots of other modules to control subsystems.

Got a group N ECU (is this an R-sport one?:confused:) in a mk2 172 (without EBD and TC) from HP - works no problems.

Rs197r27

hi mike

I have got one in mine works ok no problems, my car is the same year as yours with no added extras ( EBD and TC ). Ready to order one you will need the engine type code, this printed on the engine block behind the oil dipstick my code was 736 . Nick needs this code to get the right ecu. hope you have small hands and do not do it if you have been driving you have been warned.

Regards

Richard

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

the injection ecu doesnt directly control esp/tc but it is part of the system so im not sure if the group n ecu will work on the later 172s which have all the gadgets.

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 17 April 2004

Now now Lee you know you said you wouldnt mod it... Bet it does work though :D
I think you need to add anymore to that comment Mike. ;)

Hopefully it wont work in mine with the TC, then I have a dam good reason for not impulse buying one.:oops:

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by Lee M on 18 April 2004

Hopefully it wont work in mine with the TC, then I have a dam good reason for not impulse buying one.:oops:
Ill be sure and ask when I get mine fitted Lee:D

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 18 April 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Lee M on 18 April 2004

Ill be sure and ask when I get mine fitted Lee:D
Mm, I can feel some scientific test on the strip coming on. :D

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Almost forgot to ask - what do you think of it - those whove had it fitted?
Well, I fitted mine at 2,000 mles and Im on 10,500 now...would I go back? Never!

Power improvements? I dont believe its done much, if anything, to peak power, but it does seem to have filled out and flattened the torque curve a bit.

For me though, the main reason for never wanting to give it up is the raised rev limiter. Maybe it was just me never having had a car as fast as a Cup before, but I was almost always bouncing off the limiter before I fitted it. I havent seen the gear-change light since (apart from testing to check it worked), let alone met the limiter.

As a track man Mike, Im sure you really know it makes sense...you can hang on to that gear for another 50 metres instead of having to ease off, or go for a pointless change prior to braking...:D

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

im thinking about one of these,so you think its improved engine power lower down the rev range rather than peak power. you do think its worth it though?

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by Not_for_long on 18 April 2004

For me though, the main reason for never wanting to give it up is the raised rev limiter. Maybe it was just me never having had a car as fast as a Cup before, but I was almost always bouncing off the limiter before I fitted it. I havent seen the gear-change light since (apart from testing to check it worked), let alone met the limiter.
Wow, hadnt realised it did that - whats the new limit? 8k?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Its gained 500 rpm and now cuts in at 7,750 rpm IIRC.

I should point out (just in case I ever want to sell it to someone from here) that I dont routinely (rarely actually) over-rev my Cup...I like to short-shift and know that if I want to I can really wind it up!

Almost forgot to ask - what do you think of it - those whove had it fitted?
I think it was worth it in my setup but I dont know what it would be like on its own. The increased in gear top speeds are useful on occasion tho when you need to hang around in one with a few revs available.