ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RSTuner long term safety

CLio 172
Hi everyone,

Really considering getting an RSTuner but worried about the long term safety of it? I don't really see many new posts about it, only posts from years ago so wondering if its safe to use long term?

Also, does anyone know any good places to buy one second hand? Thank you

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
THe 98 RON map is totally fine, if you flash the stupid Pops N bangs map then try to run a catalyst you could ruin it.

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
You don't really use the tuner long term, its temporarily plugged in and it remaps the standard ECU. As mentioned, pops and bang map is pointless and will damage the car long term, but the basic remap will cause no issues.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I’ve been running the 98RON map on mine for probably over 6 years with zero issues.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
From what I recall I have had mine on my Clio Trophy since 2010 when I bought it (Was done before I owned the car)

I have had no issues and no problems with the 98Ron map and I also believe the RPM rises slightly.

I would love to get the car down to EFI to have it correctly mapped and done but time is a massive issue.

2 x Clio 172
the pop bang map diluted the engine oil in my 172 eventually resulting in smoke from being overfilled, I found out the hard way after a long old night of county lanes lucky i had a spare jug of oil for a quick oil change . 98 ron map is great, im trying to find an ecu with the map on it so i can reflash my current track car. (anyone got an EMS 3134 ecu with 98 ron map on it who can pull a flash file for me )