ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RSTuner with Aero Exhaust, LC-1 WB 02 sensor + 0-100 times

RSC 172
Hello all - been plugging away down under in Aust with Henk and the RSTuner. I recently fitted a Aero exhaust which I note some of you English guys dabbled in. When doing so I fitted a LC-1 WB 02 sensor from Fastchip. I have recently (today) tested the first remap with a map generated from data supplied from the LC-1.

In summary - before I started using the RSTuner I was getting 95 odd Kw at the wheels and about 155 Nm's.

Not that long after we did a 'Rolling Road' or as we call them 'Dyno' day and got 101 Kw and about 175 Nm's corrected to a SAE standard I don't recall now.

Later after fitting the Aeroturbine system from the USA I was at 107Kw and 178 odd Nm's.

Now after a remap to the LC-1 data I am at 109.1 Kw and 183 Nm's. I pulled a 0-100 of 5.7 sec's today. I tried twice. First produced a fair amount of wheel spin and the second I took it a bit easier at the start.

Note - I use the same road section everytime. It is very flat and I am careful not to have wind influence so choose my time carefully. Ambient temp was 11 deg/C and road surface was dry. I used BP 'Ultimate' 98 octane fuel. Prob called something else in England.

Here are some links to OZrs where all the screen grabs are if you have access. For some odd reason I can't post images on this website so will cut in some links and see what happens..?
http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=154340#154340
http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=153883#153883
http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=152843#152843

The Aero exhaust is a winner as well costing me $800 Aust fitted in 2.5" stainless. The components I used were 2525XL Aeroturbine muffler, and 2 x 2.5" resonators.

I'll try these links to see if I can get some images up of the 0-100 for non believers:
PqbnQ40.jpg

aVbkIdi.jpg

Here is a pic of the Aero system & fitted - can't find the underside one:
Pq1zBEhJ.png

gx1MF0V9.png

Here is a data log with the LC-1 WB fitted:
PqbmTcA.png

It's all good. Big thankyou to Henk as his work is sensational and so cost effective and easy to prove it's value with the data logger.

Next I will be ceramic coating the intake and fitting one of those PTFE gaskets I purchased from the mother country :)

BTW I have already ceramic coated the exhaust manifold - here's a pic:
gx1Rpiz0.png

Cheers all and many happy days with your RSC.

Cool the links worked - here is the latest PA:
PqbPZxA.png

Bye all - Mase

Last edited:
  RSC 172
Where I started out:
gxaZzK0.png

Couldn't edit above so added here to get the context happening.

RS RIP
Those Aero's are quality are'nt they !

Good that you setup exhaust using the O2 sensor, this way Henk can really do even more good.. Nice torqueincrease !

Ph1
Standard Mitsi Evo books at 13 seconds to 100 mph.

If you did a 5.7 to 100 mph i'll eat my shorts - i take it your meaning KM's not mph? :)