ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rstuner

LY R26 #288
I think it is. The 98 Ron map can be put on any car but the overrun map is locked to individual cars. Based on your vci number I think it is? Could be wrong but that was always my understanding.

1995 Renault Clio 1.8 16v
I have received maps with my used rstuner, how do I know how old they are? Could anyone be so kind as to sen me the latest ones if they have them? For a 182. Thanks!!

LY R26 #288
Actually it might work. I've never tried. I think I tried to make a back up once with the overrun already on and it wouldn't let me.

2010 Jetta TDi 140
I bought a new RS Tuner last week. I emailed Henk with the details on Friday afternoon but have not received the new map yet.

Can anyone send me it? I don't want pops and bangs, just 98 RON.

Cheers.

Evo 8 MR
I've sent my files to a friend who also has a 172 cup but his ecu has a different software version to mine so all of the files were useless to him.

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
You can change the software version, St3ve, hence why in my thread its "upgrade from"

Clio Trophy
Apologies to resurrect an old thread – just want to get my head around this 100% before I start playing around with my car!

I should receive my new RS Tuner from Fastchip today. I understand that I therefore do not need to unlock it as it obviously won’t be locked to another vehicle.

So, after downloading the latest software etc, do I need to plug the device into my car and laptop and collect some data that I then need to send to Henk? He will then respond by sending me the 98RON map that I need?

Many thanks for any help – sorry that different variations of this question have been asked already!

Clio Trophy
Thanks!

Henk sent the files through to me last night so planning on updating the software tonight.

Quick question - he recommended in his email to charge the car's battery after updating the ECU and before applying the new map - is this necessary? Hoping not as I don't have a car battery charger to hand!

Cheers

192'd BG 182 FF
Just a quick question, say i got an rs tuner and used the 98 ron map but wanted to have a play with the pop an bang map once in a while, is it possible to change the map whenever you like? Is there any limitations on the ecu? I understand i will need to buy the map i dont get from Henk and has the pop and bang map ever caused anyone car problems? Blowing exhaust etc?
Sorry for all the questions, thanks!

Thanks!

Henk sent the files through to me last night so planning on updating the software tonight.

Quick question - he recommended in his email to charge the car's battery after updating the ECU and before applying the new map - is this necessary? Hoping not as I don't have a car battery charger to hand!

Cheers

Once you have updated the ECU i don't know if you can start the car with out the map being installed? So either get a charger or go for a decent drive before hand..

don't forget to make back up copies of the original data "read ECU"

Just a quick question, say i got an rs tuner and used the 98 ron map but wanted to have a play with the pop an bang map once in a while, is it possible to change the map whenever you like? Is there any limitations on the ecu? I understand i will need to buy the map i dont get from Henk and has the pop and bang map ever caused anyone car problems? Blowing exhaust etc?
Sorry for all the questions, thanks!

Can switch maps as many times as you like.. There is a few reports of damage being caused by the pop 'n' bangs map.

192'd BG 182 FF
Just realised i have alot of questions i have about the RS tuner before i buy one, thanks for your help! One last thing, is there problems if you run the 98 ron map and have to put 95 in the tank? Obviously i wouldnt choose to do that but if the occasion occured and i was stuck for fuel etc. Cheers!

Just realised i have alot of questions i have about the RS tuner before i buy one, thanks for your help! One last thing, is there problems if you run the 98 ron map and have to put 95 in the tank? Obviously i wouldnt choose to do that but if the occasion occured and i was stuck for fuel etc. Cheers!

I don't think it would hurt it on the odd occasion.

Never even noticed till you said Fred, i always thought he was in the netherlands:S

192'd BG 182 FF
Thank you again for your help Martin, last question before i go ahead and order a new one is can my standard map on the car now be saved with the RS tuner and then put back onto the car if needs be? Cheers again, owe you :cheers:!

Thank you again for your help Martin, last question before i go ahead and order a new one is can my standard map on the car now be saved with the RS tuner and then put back onto the car if needs be? Cheers again, owe you :cheers:!

Once you select read ecu and read cal, that will make copies of the original software and map which will then save into documents on your laptop.

Yes you then just reload the data back onto the car then its reverted back to standard.

192'd BG 182 FF
Just buying a new RS tuner, do i need to include anything in the notes or it that only for when buying a license? Cheers