ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RStuning remap results

a thirsty one
Just got back today, had a great time at RStuning and Paul is a top bloke.

I even managed 41.9 mpg on the way home, all the std functions are working and the midrange feels like a different car.

Paul says after my first few runs on my std map at the lower end had scope for good gains, the top of the std map seemed quite good though. My car has k+n panel filter, samco induction hose, yozza decat and btb exhaust system. Paul was expecting to have to do some work with the fueling at the top with the mods but it was actually pretty good when he looked a the map.

This meant most of the gains were going to be through lower/mid range and hopefully a little peak gain but the majority of the work was going be gained lower down.

before @ wheels = 143.3
after @ wheels = 147.5
before @ fly = 173.5
after @ fly = 178.2

peak figures dont really explain how much better the car is to drive, from right down low in the revs all the way to peak it fels much stronger and smoother, pulls much keener and does feel on the road quite good.

3 stage rev limit as well just to be on the safe side, i have had the clio for quite a while and have done numerous rr shootouts over the years with it for fun, i have had more bhp in the past but im confident pauls rollers are very accurate and honest about his work.

all in all i am pleased with how much diff the map has made to the drivability of the car and the kick up the ass its now got from low down which wasnt there before.

a thirsty one
a few days on now and im glad to report it has also solved that cold running stutter i used to have for the first few minutes on very cold days when it was quite jumpy.

my mpg is still up on what i used to achieve, currently after a good mix of driving it is 35.1mpg, my usual at the end of a tank was 29-31mpg.

3.2 V6 4KEV, 944 Cab, 172
Top work / news!!

If you don't mind me asking John, what kind of DOLLAR did the mapping set you back??

b/g 182, meg tourer
i will be getting an rs tuner when the exchange rate improves or on another group buy.

good results mate, thanks for the info :)

paul did mine mate over xmas 187.5bhp at the fly i was well chuffed made a hell of a difference. my mods are de-cat, magnex cat back exhaust and a k&n filter:approve:

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
i will be getting an rs tuner when the exchange rate improves or on another group buy.

good results mate, thanks for the info :)

Dont mix them up!!!! :mad: RStuner has nothing to do with RStuning and the work Paul does!!!

a thirsty one
baggers - have sent you a pm mate.

makes the car feel like a larger capacity n/a lump, the vvti kick at higher revs is gone its like the power kick you used to get is now there all the time at any revs.

a thirsty one
i have pm all those that have asked for a price, the origianl group buy price on pg 1 has since been further reduced.

i think pauls pm box was full the other day, give him a ring if anyone is interested.

see you on the 21st naith.

a thirsty one
hi mate, sure does.

i tried to reply to your pm but your box was full. Yes you can is the answer mate, feel free to use whatever you want.

a thirsty one
i do but i no longer have a scanner im afarid, binned it few months ago. if paul see's this he can post them up if he wants to.

did about 300 miles this weekend and managed to return 35mpg and most of that was country roads thrugh the lake district etc i would guess about 4mpg more than normal.