ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RT Kangaroo

hey all, yes im back with more Rt problems for you to solve

my car has started being very jerky (as though its running out of petrol) but its not, it started doing this the other week but only very slightly and not very noticable, today it got worse and is very jumpy, its still starting and going along just being very jerky...anybody know what I need to do?

My only idea was that it could be I need a new fuel filter? Could this be it?

Any suggestions appreciated thanks alot

nige

Also, it is not idling very smoothly eitherstays between 800 - 1000 RPM but jumps around quite alot, the cars also quite shaky, whats wrong Im going Milton Keynes on Saturday need to make sure I can get htere and back!! Cheers all!!

the RT injection kit is crap, its either the potentiometer and stepper motor, CTS and a dirty injector doesnt help.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

a few possibilities:-

1,dizzy cap and rotor arm

2,coolant temp sensor

3,map sensor

4,throttle potentiometer.

i would check the top two first as there commen problems.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

you could remove the coolant temp sensor and inspect it.they sometimes rot through on the inside.

FRST and 106 GTi

mine once started to have a lumpy idle, sometimes even went off when stoping at some trafic lights.

I made the usual service (oil, oil filter, washed air filter and changed fuel filter) and it started idling fine again.

After that I let all fuel out the fuel filter and found out it was way too dirty. I guess the problem was on the fuel filter.

Check the milage since the last filter change. Change it if necessary.

Check the condition of the HT.
Had to change the dizzy cap (like Jay172 says) since they get real bad inside.

Dont really belive its something to do with the SPI.

already had a new coolant temp sensor so cant be that

my dad said he fixed and said something about a loose connection on one of the plugs but it still does it a little, ill replace the fuel filter as it def hasnt been replaced since iv had the car 20k miles ago...if stilld oes it will have to get a grage to inspect hmph oh well

thanks

nige

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

have you tried getting one of those cheap fault code readers to see if that picks up anything

Skoda Fabia vRS

no1 makes one for Renaults mate................i would have had one ages ago if they did and i spent many nights on the net lookin for one, you can only get garage ones which are really expensive

id definitely replace the fuel filter if its been in that long, and also check your plugs, dizzi, rotar arm, and air filter, there all fairly cheap to replace anywayz