ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RT - This A Good Ins Quote

Hi guys, been doing sh*te loads of quoes online tonight, as my insurance is due soon.

Live in an RG postcode (2nd best according to the list in Chit Chat)
Got 1 years no claims
Got pass Plus
19 years old
Standard 1995 1.4rt worth 1450 approx
max of 3000 miles PA (live away from home, leave the motor at home)

and want TPFT

Best ive got is £695.44 from Sainsburys. No quote from norwich union or admiral, elephant and belldirect yet, will do it in the morning.

Anyone think i should be able tof ind it cheaper?

cheers

Mate Ive found that online quotes are really poo - just give the main ones a ring (direct line, norwich union direct)

If you shout at the operator itll be a 10% discount before you start!

don't

admiral and elephant may be able to beat it

is it modded?? there not 2 gd with mods, price goes up about £30 a mod i found

although, low miles is gd

price of car means nothing, admiral quoted me same amount for car costing 1000 as it did for a car worth 3k, tptf ya see

anyway on elephant or admiral, same prices bar about £20 difference, be main driver and add an older female or 2 as 2nd drivers, make sure they have full no claims and no crashes etc in last 5 yrs

i added 2 women from my work to my policy, dont need 2 be family or anything, brought it down nicely for my rsi

give the site a try, same quotes as on the phone with them

Norwich union just quoted me happy

£454 with 120 excess
£486 with 50 excess

Admiral were the next best, £678

just trying lelephant now

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Yep, add a female middle aged second driver (ie your mam possibly) who has no convictions or accidents.

Knocks it down a fair whack with elephant.co.uk

Skoda Fabia vRS

RING Liverpool Victoria, dont bother with the online quote

0800 514 514

you should find they are the most friendly/helpful insurance people you have rang, and in my experience be the cheapest

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5

although they are not the most prompt bunch, if your car is stolen and written off! ! and you want it resolved

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member

I was gonna say, at £700, I pay the same, with 5 points and a claim.

Try HIC, their number is on the main list of insurers, best quote by far for me, but that might be cos of the points etc.