ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RTS Turbo Clutch

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Hi all,

I'm going to be ordering a clutch and LSD ready for my gearbox to be rebuilt and seeing as I'm going down the turbo route next year, I want to put a good clutch in ready for that.

Would this clutch kit be suitable for semi-daily driving, mainly in the summer. I don't want anything harsh but understand if I'm adding so much power I need to expect a sportier bite.

I don't want a paddle, I've been there too many times and I said last time was the last time!!

Thank all

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
What power level are you aiming for mate?

I’m looking into these myself... I’ve reached the max ability of my Sachs performance clutch in mine now.. it’s been great for 5 years at various power levels, used on the track at 280hp lots and lots, full days at spa, nur etc.. but now at 340+hp and 311+lbft it’s had a few slips.

So if you are at the 280hp mark or lower I’d 100% vouch for the Sachs, but have heard good stuff about the RTS.. I’m just worried about it durability for road stuff too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
What power level are you aiming for mate?

I’m looking into these myself... I’ve reached the max ability of my Sachs performance clutch in mine now.. it’s been great for 5 years at various power levels, used on the track at 280hp lots and lots, full days at spa, nur etc.. but now at 340+hp and 311+lbft it’s had a few slips.

So if you are at the 280hp mark or lower I’d 100% vouch for the Sachs, but have heard good stuff about the RTS.. I’m just worried about it durability for road stuff too

I was aiming for 260bhp down the line... I'd probably run the low boost ED kit for a year or so until the engine was forged.

Can you link me to a Sachs clutch that you use? How would you recommend it for someone who would use it daily in the summer time.

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member

A tad heavier than standard, but not out the way.. as for bite, very OEM. I will say they don’t like being slipped a great deal, so say if you were pulling away on a really harsh slope and slipped it a bit they stink [emoji23][emoji23] but durability is spot on, mine still looks like new after 5 years. I’ve run paddle clutches in the past and not only do they last 5 mins they are hard work..

This will be my main concern with the RTS

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader

A tad heavier than standard, but not out the way.. as for bite, very OEM. I will say they don’t like being slipped a great deal, so say if you were pulling away on a really harsh slope and slipped it a bit they stink [emoji23][emoji23] but durability is spot on, mine still looks like new after 5 years. I’ve run paddle clutches in the past and not only do they last 5 mins they are hard work..

This will be my main concern with the RTS

In regards to the RTS, I have a lot of friends running them in big power TFSI VAG cars and they all rave about them. My friends 450bhp Seat Leon runs a twin-plate RTS clutch for his daily drive to work, he's had no issues in nearly 12 months!

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
In regards to the RTS, I have a lot of friends running them in big power TFSI VAG cars and they all rave about them. My friends 450bhp Seat Leon runs a twin-plate RTS clutch for his daily drive to work, he's had no issues in nearly 12 months!

This is good news, thanks mate.. I’m pretty sure it’ll be my next purchase.

Only other option for me is a twin plate setup which would be £1200 minimum

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
This is good news, thanks mate.. I’m pretty sure it’ll be my next purchase.

Only other option for me is a twin plate setup which would be £1200 minimum

For the price, and the reputation they have in other platforms, I'd be happy to buy one with the aim of reviewing it for other people so that they know!

I'll be making the purchase next week no doubt.

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Sweet, I won’t be far short! Like I said mine slipped the other day quite often.. but seems to be behaving atm so may have glazed up. (Wishful thinking)

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Sweet, I won’t be far short! Like I said mine slipped the other day quite often.. but seems to be behaving atm so may have glazed up. (Wishful thinking)

I say make the purchase like it'll be fitted quickly, because it won't unfortunately got too many other projects on the go! I'll get there eventually, lol.

Good luck on your slipping clutch fixing itself.. I've never been that lucky :ROFLMAO:

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Haha, me neither.. But when it does come to fitting that’s something I do have the luxury of having the facilities!

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Haha, me neither.. But when it does come to fitting that’s something I do have the luxury of having the facilities!

It's even better for me because I have my own workshop and a tech that will do the work for a pizza and a pint, so I'm happy 👍

Don't even have to get dirty myself

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
It's even better for me because I have my own workshop and a tech that will do the work for a pizza and a pint, so I'm happy [emoji106]

Don't even have to get dirty myself

I wouldn’t let any of our guys work on my wheel barrow! Luckily I still enjoy the tinkering side of my car as much as driving it.

Lucky really as it’s my daily job and have the @edgerattlers workshop with plenty of track builds going on!