ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rubbing On Standard Suspension ???

BMW M135i
IMG_0778.JPG

Righto, have these wheels. There Oz SuperTs in 15"x7 @ ET37 so they are the right fitment as far as I know. But the tyres are trying to eat the rear arch liners ?

Now the suspension does settle lower than that but still they should never rub on standard suspension surely?, was about to drop it on an Apex 40mm kit but this is putting me off bigstyle.
Its eating the inside edge of the liner, which I assume it due to these being 7j instead of the orignal 6j. Have never heard it rub just noticed it when I took the rear wheels off.

Any ideas why its doing this ?, rarely have anyone in the back and its never usually more than 1 so I can't see weight doing it. Is it just one of those things ?

My car catches on stock suspnesion with 195/50 tyres on the rear liners I've never bothered to fix it as its not that bad. I wouln't worry unless its realy bad. Mine jusr wore away so much but thats it.

BMW M135i
Yeh I imagine the 195/50s won't be helping thinking about it. If I drop it 40mm I assume it'll get worse so I need to make sure I there isn't any bodywork or anything solid in the way ?

Yeh I imagine the 195/50s won't be helping thinking about it. If I drop it 40mm I assume it'll get worse so I need to make sure I there isn't any bodywork or anything solid in the way ?

There not much realy problem stuff to ctach on there the one nut stickign thoguh the rear ach liner which you can se but thats about it I''d cut it down though to be safe.