ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rubbish From Neighbours Skip Damages Car

172 GTR
My mate has had his car badly damaged by an old door which has blown off of his neighbour’s skip. Is this an act of god or is his neighbour at fault for not securing the rubbish on the skip? His car is badly dented and has a smashed window.

Danny

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
It's your neighbours fault they are responsible while it's on there property.

Have they got the builders in? If so direct it at them!

They should have insurance to cover this.

Ultra Red Clio 197
Thats rubbish...sorry to hear. I dont believe in any god/religon, so lets say its natures fault it happened, but as the weather forcasts have been bad recently with snow and wind etc, I would blame the neighbour for not taking enough precautions to ensure no person or their property could get damaged.

what has the neighbour said about it all?

172 GTR
It's your neighbours fault they are responsible while it's on there property.

Have they got the builders in? If so direct it at them!

They should have insurance to cover this.

O.K. mate. What if the Builders say Fcuk off! Do we know what the law is?

172 GTR
Thats rubbish...sorry to hear. I dont believe in any god/religon, so lets say its natures fault it happened, but as the weather forcasts have been bad recently with snow and wind etc, I would blame the neighbour for not taking enough precautions to ensure no person or their property could get damaged.

what has the neighbour said about it all?

The Neighbours have moved out while all the work is on. They are now aware of the problem but feel its not their fault as its not their skip/filled it up too high.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Phone up Citizens Advice & ask them.

In my eyes the builder has been negligent as he has not taken steps to prevent the wind etc on his rubbish. But your neighbour is responsible for whats on there property.

'Act of God' is nothing to do with this, if a large tree blew over on his car this is . Becuase you cannot predict that happening yet in your case the lazy builder would of known this might happen.

Ask the police, you pay council tax they would have an idea!

im sure nothing will come out of this unless you have a witness..?

i mite be wrong tho...

i'd go ask my neighbours and pull in a favour or two...a witness to an event can be very helpfull..

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
We had a tile blew of a shop roof and hit our car last year, their insurance paid up for that.

I'd get a load of photos of every angle first, maybe even video of the area on your phone or camera. If they still deny its their fault the simply let your solicitors know.