ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ruby the 1.2 Rep

Clio mk3
I know what you mean, I basically had the option of putting the back into a railing or the front into a banking and a bumper is cheaper to repair than a rear quarter panel so it was the lesser of 2 evils
You gonna be selling the clio? I've been tempted to get rid of mine and start a mk1 mx5 project but I'm trying to hold off till I finish uni

Choose the right option then haha.
Yea selling up soon,need some more power haha. Looking at getting a mk2 seat Leon btcc

Last time we spoke you were talking about an audi next, from what I've heard though the Leon's are supposed to be quick
Think I'm gonna hold onto mine until after CSS and then perhaps sell up and start a new project

Clio mk3
Looking at the 2.0 tdi 140bhp and 320 torque:) then remaking to 180bhp and 420 torque. I love the look at mine at the moment but the lack of power is boring me. I was going to look at a 1.6 mx5 and putting a turbo on it but it's to expensive on insurance:(

Plus you don't see as many Leon's about either
If you've thinking about a quick diesel have a look at the civic type s, about a second quicker to 60 than an a3 tdi and a stage 1 remap takes them to 193bhp

we'll it looks like this is the end for ruby, had her for nearly 2 years so its time to trade her in and move onto something new
amazed to think its the same car I bought in 2013
just thought i'd post up a few photos of how she's looking now
new owner should be coming up from Bristol tomorrow to pick her up so hopefully he'll start a thread on here and carry on my work, maybe even take her up to CCS in the summer
SAM_0538_zpsr9jkwbxh.jpg

SAM_0539_zpssyty3go0.jpg

SAM_0542_zpsfvfjbp4h.jpg

Cheers Sam
Hopefully getting a 1 series
Loved the clio and wouldn't surprise me if I come back to an rs in a few years but fancy something a bit different and a diesel is gonna be better for the motorway miles I do

well after a few time wasters including one which decided to vanish off the face of the earth the day they were supposed to collect the car I gave myself until today to see if the car went as there were a set of team dynamics pro race 1.2s on ebay with tyres which had obviously been missed by people; they were just put up as alloy wheels with tyres
I'd been watching them all week and 20 mins before the end of auction not a single bid, chucked a cheeky £99 starting bid in and 20 mins later they were mine so the clio is staying and work is to begin getting her finished in time for the summer

so the story continues

so much for the story continuing 😂 after deciding i was gonna keep the car and work on her ready for the summer a boy text me on wednesday night asking if he could come view the car today, he turned up this morning, test drove it and 20 mins later the car was gone and i had a pocket full of notes
been a joy to own but i guess its onto the next project, hopefully he'll start a thread on here and i'll be able to stay updated

havent actually been on this thread for a while as the car has been sold, but thought i'd chuck up a picture of what replaced her
hopefully the new owner will start a thread on here and keep things update
a3_zps6i1c1x3e.jpg