ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

running 60mm springs with standard dampers

TT 225+
does anybody do this? I've heard it can be done but it ruins your dampers! Thinking about buying some but i dont wanna ruin my car :(

Suzuki Ignis
I had standard dampers on the back, was ok. Mind you, I never knew what it was like with uprated ones.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
i do on mine and its shockingly bumpy, but i cba wasting cash on it anymore..

Golf GTD Mk7
i do on mine and its shockingly bumpy, but i cba wasting cash on it anymore..

Thats because your ride height is basically making your dampers pointless. You need suspension travel so the dampers do their job.

Black Clio GT
yeah dampers will bottom out and end up leaking and ruining your brakes if left leaking long enough, also an mot failure....
better off with -40mm with standard dampers or a full suspension kit with uprated dampers if you want to go lower than 40mm will handle so much better and be less crashy too.

TT 225+
cheers for the input guys, i might as well go for a v maxx coilover set then, as i dont think 40 is low enough ;)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Thats because your ride height is basically making your dampers pointless. You need suspension travel so the dampers do their job.

yeah i know, but i cba buying uprated dampers iv realised spending so much on a car that cost me £35 is poinless....

ST
-60mm springs on standard shocks will absolutely SHAG the, wayyyy back in the day, myself, Ali, Immi, Rob etc, used to run on pi springs on standard dampers, gets you that 'broken suspension' look in a matter of months.

As above -40mm springs will be OK, tho a full kit with matched dampers is recommended.

TT 225+
ok fair enough guys, i think i'll a avoid springs and go for coils then! Seem to be worth it :)