ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Running cables through the car...seats out?

Focus RS Mk1
Hi all, will soon be dropping all the cables into the clio 172 2002

Whats the best angle of attack here, i know the power cable can be routed through the bulk head on the passenger side, is that true?

Also if i were to remove the passenger front seat will i get any warning lights come on, and undesireables that are gonna need a trip to renault to reset?

i think thats the best way to get the cables to the back of the car.

Last question, whats the best method of getting speaker wire into the doors as im amping up some comps.

Cheers all

Sean

05 1.4 16v clio
Hi mate, did this the other day (in a mk2 ph2) but the essentials will be the same i think.

Power cable: make a hole in the grommet which carries the bonnet release cable into the engine bay with a screwdriver and then remove screwdriver.

Use some electrical tape to tape some string to the tip of the screwdriver and push that through the grommet.

Open the bonnet and follow the bonnet latch cable until it reaches the grommet and find the tip of the screwdriver. Pull the string off and through into the engine bay.

Tie the string securely to the powercable (im assuming it has a ring connector crimped on to it). Pull the string from the passenger footwell until you feel the ring connector up against the grommet. Then grab hold of the screwdriver and the string and pull both sharply at the same time so (hopefully!) the screwdriver and power cable come through.

To route it to the boot, prise off the bonnet release handle and pull up the door seals and tuck it between the trim and the car.

To get new speaker wire into the doors have a look in the guides, I did it and it was fairly straightforward!

Oh and you shouldnt need to remove the passenger seat!

Good luck!

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Power cable down the left side from the grommit i just pushed it up under the trim a bit never needed to take out any trim or seats.

When you get to the door pillar i used a coathanger to pull the cable through by where the seatbelt attatches at the bottom.

Then it should be out by the back seats then jus poke it up and through to the boot.

Repeat on other side of car with rca and remote lead. easy peasy

Speaker wires i think that people say they have to be under the carpet down the middle of the car but i dont know about that?

A tip i can give you is take out the bottom of the back seats, floor mats, parcel shelf and carpet in boot it make it a lot easier!

Focus RS Mk1
so there is enough room to stuff cable without removing seats, thats cool.

The common myth of interference from the power cable is utter rubbish, fact ;) if you choose all cables can be put togehther :)