ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Running lean ?????

I've got a very weird problem with running lean. I bought a ff182 2003 with 90k ish miles on it and since I've had it I've put a Decat on it to go with the yozza exhaust so it's 2.5 inch from the manifold now and it has a panel air filter in it. I finally got a rs tuner from the for sale section and put the map on that come with it (8200_7804 if that means anything to anyone) but after 5200rpm on full throttle my afr on my gauge max's out at 20:1 :-s I emailed henk with pictures and details he asked for and he sent me a new .cal file but I still have the same problem. Up to 5200rpm it reads around 12:1 afr but then goes mad and reads lean. Seeing as its done it with two different maps now Im thinking that something may be wrong with the engine or something. But there are no error codes or anything I can see wrong under the bonnet. Anyone got any ideas what could be wrong? I really don't fancy melting an engine.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If you were running 20:1 the car wouldnt want to pull at all, it would either lean misfire its tits off (most likely) or if you were really lucky might just about drive ok but would be massively down on power.

I dont believe your gauge.

It's wideband. Im going to investigate the gauge although it was fine on my impreza for months and then the clio until the remap. But I'm still going to check it. How do I check injectors and pump?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Where are you from?
If its anywhere near me I dont mind sticking one of my widebands on it to confirm or deny your readings.

Injectors the best for testing is to send them off to be tested properly really, DIY methods can be a bit hit or miss.

Fuel pump the easiest way to test is to stick a fuel pressure gauge on it, if the pump is the issue then it will show up as failing to hold fuel pressure at full load.

What does it drive like?

I'm in Bedford, but I don't really know if that's close or not. I've got an rs tuner, so could I use the live data thing on that to see anything? The car drives good but top end power doesn't feel quite right but I dot know if that's just me.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I'm down in Somerset sadly mate so miles away.

If it just feels slightly down on power at top end I would say your gauge is probably wrong, it's got over a third less fuel than it should have if it's in the 20s and that would be really down on power.

Haha, I'm actually going to sommerset tomorrow morning to buy a track Audi s3 but not going in my car. I thought 20:1 would melt the engine straight away. I might get it on a dyno and see what's what. Plus I want to know power after my mods. Cheers for the offer though chip

53 Clio's & counting
I wouldn't want a track car with heldex, heldex is fine for daily driving, but for track work it gets a bit annoying!

Sorry,bit off topic lol

53 Clio's & counting
Sorry, just coming from experience of heldex systems on track, I thought id give you my opinion :)

With regards to your problem, as Chip has said, if you was running that lean it would be quite slow, so id look at your gauge :)

Well cheers for the 4 wheel drive info??? Proper useful. I'll let you know how it goes if you want??
as for the runnin lean issues I'll see what I can do from chips info and check the gauge