ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Running lean.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
IMG_4403.JPG
As above. Had the Clio 172 on Surrey Rolling road, a few weeks ago. Charlie stopped after two runs saying it was running very lean! Shame as it made good power.

The 172 has a ITG Maxogen and PMS race exhaust system fitted, and is running a RS tuner 98 ron map. I have just had a new coilpack, Ngk Spark plugs, red magnecor leads and genuine injectors fitted. People with more mechanically knowledge than me think it could be a faulty fuel pump the car is now on 157k!

Hopefully get it plugged into a CLIP soon, just wondering if anyone had a similar issue or any ideas.

Cheers Fletch.

dan's cast offs.
that's all over the place!! check live data but my money is on precat lambda, seen loads of them playing up over the last six months or so.

reading on bosch website the other month and they now say to change at 90,000 miles. also had them give really odd symptoms and codes as well. one had me scratching my head for a good half a day.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
that's all over the place!! check live data but my money is on precat lambda, seen loads of them playing up over the last six months or so.

reading on bosch website the other month and they now say to change at 90,000 miles. also had them give really odd symptoms and codes as well. one had me scratching my head for a good half a day.

Thanks for your reply mate, that would make sense. I can't ever remember changing the precat lambda, and I've owned the car for nearly 13 years and done around 112k in my ownership.