ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Running problems, hunting and light on

Hi,

I have got a 03 reg 1.2 16v bilabong. Have a few issues I thought you may be able to shed some light on...

The car starts fine, but the emissions light stays on. Idle is ok, but if you hold the revs at 2k or higher it starts hunting and misfiring.

I have checked the lambda sensor plugs and WD'd them, the 'black box' at the back hasnt worn into the loom at all, just through the tape, hasnt bared any wires.

Plugs are fine, maybe a bit too clean if anything but theyre not that old.

One thing I have noticed is if you drop the throttle it makes a similar noise as it would if it had an induction kit on, like a deep grunt noise, which is odd as its totally bog standard. is this normal? cant see any way in which the inlet would be leaking.

I was thinking Coil pack (it has the single pack type with 4 leads integrated onto the top of it)

Other than that maybe upstream lambda, but it seems unusual for a lambda sensor to cause the hunting, but i may be wrong.

any help appreciated, thanks.

thats what I was thinking, is the induction grunt on dropping the accelerator pedal normal though, was thinking it could be contributing?

right, coil pack has made no difference. i'll try and get a video up. spark plugs were changed not too long ago by quick fit (dont ask, sister did it), wondering whether they could be the wrong ones?