ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Running problems

182+1.5DCI+S2000
Ok so where to start... i have had this problem before but it seems to just fix itself but not this time ! :( .
My 182 was running fine the other day filled it up with vpower and took it for a trashing on a private stretch of road 5th gear up a hill pulling about 120+ mph and the engine started to lose power and felt different (shuddering best way to explain it) stopped and turned the engine off checked to lamba clip under all felt good fired it back up and no problems felt prefect.
but
then on my way back home when i pushed the car from 60 to 80 it started doing the same :( so i pulled over and turned the car off again left it for 2 mins and started it up no difference same problem light flashing and wont go out. I left the car over night thought it might fix itself like it had before.. started it this morning same thing :(

i have changed both lamba sensors all four spark plugs, complete oil change and new oil filter still no luck ???

Anybody have any ideas think i am going to have to bite the bullet and take it to the dealer :(

i will upload a video also

Thanks.

clio 172 phs 1
It sounds like it's mis firing on one cylinder.....try and identify which cylinder is not firing correctly,and then take it from there....

182+1.5DCI+S2000
Try coil pack then leads then start looking at injectors if they don't solve it

ops i forgot also changed the coil pack and leads still no difference :(

thanks for all the reply's :cool:

i think your right about it mis firing on one cylinder :( just hope its something simple and cheap to fix. :(

will let you know what the stealer says tomorrow

clio 172 phs 1
Just disconnect each injector multi plug one at a time whilst its running and you'll know which cylinder isnt firing correctly mate

182+1.5DCI+S2000
Just disconnect each injector multi plug one at a time whilst its running and you'll know which cylinder isnt firing correctly mate

will give it a try thanks!

50-60 phew not to bad then, thanks for all your help guys

clio 172 phs 1
If u disconnect an injector and it runs even worse you'll know that cylinder is firing,if you disconnect and injector and it doesnt change how it runs,thats the faulty cylinder mate!

Keep us posted!!!

182+1.5DCI+S2000
If u disconnect an injector and it runs even worse you'll know that cylinder is firing,if you disconnect and injector and it doesnt change how it runs,thats the faulty cylinder mate!

Keep us posted!!!

OK i love you !!! its the first injector! other 3 you unplug them and it get worse (did it one by one from the 4th to 1st) :)

but i don't know how to change it? You have to take fuel rail off to get to it i see looks like a nightmare todo

SQ5
Two 10mm bolts and pull hard but gently. Undo clip no tools needed, replace injector, put clip back in an replace rail

clio 172 phs 1
It's not a difficult job,just disconnect the fuel pipe,undo the two 10mm injector rail retaining bolts,disconnect multi plugs and gently remove fuel rail (it will be tight) then once you have rail off,just take the metal injector retaining clip off the faulty injector and replace!

182+1.5DCI+S2000
Two 10mm bolts and pull hard but gently. Undo clip no tools needed, replace injector, put clip back in an replace rail

sweet, this is what i need right ?

Clio Mk2 - Sport (172/182) F4R Injector

8200207049 £58.04 £69.65

182+1.5DCI+S2000
Will give you all an update tomorrow after i have got the part and fitted it fingers crossed :approve:

182+1.5DCI+S2000
OK sorted was that and omg.. it must have been on the way out for abit because it is pulling hard now !! :cool: or its just all in my head.....

thanks guys

182+1.5DCI+S2000
Hello again,

the problem has come back the exhaust emissions light is on solid like before only this time the car is running fine any ideas ?

like i said before i have changed
4 plugs,4 HT leads, clio pack, 2 lamba sensors, 1 injector,freash oil and filter

what else could be causing this ?

thanks