ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

running rough

Clio 172
Hi i have a clio 172 and have owned it for a fue weeks now.Firstly I have fitted a induction kit and removed the air box in the passenger arch box but noticed there is a solanoid on the vacuum line with a connector is this important? and what dose it do?
secondly the clio seems to idle a bit rough and i can here it popping/sudden blows out of the back box also when reving at idle it almost stalls first bit of a weird one no lights on the dash either
any ideas??

Mike

Clio 197 RB
Mate all renaultsports idle rough, my old R26 did it and now my 182 Cup does it, and the backpopping at idle is normal aswell!!!

ibiza cupra
mine was popping quite badly untill recantly. when i bought it, it had an open cone filter on it but i have just put a standard air box on it with a piper cross filter and it seems to have done the trick. the only thing i can think of is that moisture is getting into the throttle body through the cone and causing it to run rough as a*rse. but as said the are quite rough as standard. i love it :)

Clio 172
i have just done the cambelt also, if the timing was wrong would it be a noticeable difference or lack of power slightly