ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ_ZS Attacks the Golf

Better than yours. C*nt.
Taken from DW:

RussZS said:
This is one of two cars I am giving my mate a hand with this weekend - tomorrow is his Black Gold Clio V6!

The mission today was to knock back the HORRIFIC swirling inflicted by a main dealer on this THREE WEEK old car!!

A few before's, after Mike had washed it:

P1010974.jpg

P1010975.jpg

P1010976.jpg

P1010977.jpg

P1010983.jpg

I'm sure you'll agree, that these are simply shocking for such a new car!
I began by trying Megs #205 on a Yellow 3M Polishing pad using my CP Rotary, which did a great job of removing the swirling, but given that we were going to be laying down Britemax #4 and #5 as the LSP, I thought I'd try #4 on a Britemax #4 4" polishing pad, as it's a great paint cleanser/pre sealant 'glaze', and has some abrasive content, but I've never really tested it thoroughly before. Unfortunately the #4 pad didn't provide enough cut, so I changed this to a Sonus white polishing pad...
Here is a 50/50 without lighting, to demonstrate the effect #4 had on this 3 week old VAG paint:

P1010989.jpg

and under light, we can see that #4 has done a superb job of correcting the paint of this Golf! (Please note it doesn't contain fillers!)

P1010990.jpg

P1010993.jpg

Unfortunately I didn't capture any further 50/50's as my Brinkmann was playing up, but I was very impressed with the results, and would suggest that the level of cut was on a par with Lime Prime, but of course here we have the advantage of the Britemax being 'sealant' friendly - think Blackhole with abrasives instead of fillers... very impressive.
Unfortunately, my camera skills are naff, and the overcast sky did us no favours lighting wise, but here are some afters for you - I finished with #5 via DA and #5 4" pad, then a final wipedown with #6S. Mike dressed the tyres with I4D Gloss Tyre Dressing and I did the windows with #6S:

P1010997.jpg

P1010998.jpg

P1010999.jpg

P1020001.jpg

P1020002.jpg

P1020005.jpg

P1020008.jpg

P1020012.jpg

Sorry for the naff pics and the short write up - I'll make sure I get some better pics of the Vee tomorrow :)

Thanks for looking!

Russ.

And some of my pics:

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0410.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

IMG_0418.jpg

IMG_0419.jpg

IMG_0422.jpg

Better than yours. C*nt.
Poor wash technique - they'll just use a bucket and sponge and go to town on it...

Megane R26
Cheers guys, nice pics of the flake in the paint there!

Was a pleasure to work on, and such a lovely colour! Great car tbh Mike. Love the Nav unit.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Such a dreadful colour for wet weather,but comes up a treat in the sun with a good detail...

Better than yours. C*nt.
The latest golf is the ugliest of the lot imo!!!

Mmmm. Definitely prefer the back as it looks less 'lardy', and the front is similarly 'slimmed' but I agree it's one that takes a bit more getting used to... Definitely think it's an improvement on the Mk5 though.