ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rust Proofing

1992 Mini City
Hey, detailers, not sure if this is your area or not, but i have an old mini that needs rustproofing, but unsure of what to use. It's got no rust as of now, but i really want to keep it that way.

Any ideas?

It's A Reno
Waxoyl or Dinitrol as a preventative. Dinitrol stonechip is excellent and is incredibly tough.
On areas of rust use POR15. Permanant fix. :)

Frost keep a lot of stuff but, as said, they're not cheap

think i used some sort of red-oxide based paint (from Frost) when i restored mine - can't remember what it was called, but it was American and was 'apparently' the stuff that they paint oil rigs with (!? - can't usually trust the patter that Americans print on stuff). seemed good anyway and i didn't notice any rust coming through whilst i owned it subsequently

unless it's just been restored (?), chances are it won't be 'rust-free' as they obv. rot from the inside out and there'll be all sorts going on that you can't see

also Waxoyled mine after i'd done, which was straight-forward enough

there are companies who'll waxoyl cars for you - might be worth having a look around and calling a couple for advice/quotes

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Ye thats what I thought. Unlike Honda's. I miss the Clio scene lol