ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

S/S Exhaust Cleaner

53 plate Clio 172
They sell it at Halford, was just saying it is far superior to the other crap they sell
Is 4.99 i think or therabouts

cheers fubu (very similar to fubar). Never seen it in there thats all, is it with the rest of the car cleaning stuff?

106 GTi
Autosol or Autoglym, nothing in them for use, at a guess they maybe the same product! But The AG can be purchsed more cost effectively in a 200ml bottle.

I have just picked up some Meguiars NXT metal polish from Halfords which is meant to be good, but not tried it yet, smells nice LOL!

i bought some autosol...

just gonna go and polish my pipe, i'll try and get before and after pictures for comparison! :)

Before:

Before.gif

After:

After.gif

After2.gif

bloody impressed with the Autosol.

cheers everyone! :)

Clio 190bhp Hybrid
Think its about a fiver. Or local motor store should sell.

Quite abrasive in action, actually rubs off black which is metal you have polished off. Used to use on rusty steel bike wheels all the time.

Not sure if its worth trying something less harsh on stainless steel but autosol definately would work.

Chocolate Bar™
i used to use autosol to remove the crap, and then spray it in wd40. wouldnt actually need cleaning much the following week, and something like brasso would suitably clean it

Middo said:
i used to use autosol to remove the crap, and then spray it in wd40. wouldnt actually need cleaning much the following week, and something like brasso would suitably clean it

good idea. However wont things stick to it when covered in WD?

106 GTi
It will do yes.

After Polishing with Autosol you can use Auoglym Extra Gloss to protect it like you do on paint.

106 GTi
You could, but polymer sealants such as Autoglym Extra Gloss hold up to heat better than wax.

Silvo gets my vote. used it many a time, and its great VFM, as you buy the cotton wool in a tin version of it, and you use very little each time, so it lasts ages. Gets of stubborn tar etc, and leaves it nice and shiney. Just rub it in, leave to dry, then wash off with soapy water, and dry.

Polish up with the autoglym stuff ^^^if you want it to stay looking good i suppose. :D

Nice shiny pipes!! Do you just use an old rag to clean inside the pipes, to get all the black off?