ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

s**t weather. s**t pics. Great car.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Decided to blow the cobwebs off my hangover with a bit of a drive out in the Clio this afternoon.
Have been thinking about selling it and getting something a bit nicer again even though I have no need; won't be going down that route though.

Did about 140 miles. Stopped in a few places around Carsington, Wirksworth etc for some pics, went a little bit mad!

Few changes since I last put some pics up. Gave it a fresh MOT and tax. MOT failed on cracked spring and blowing exhaust so it had a new centre section and some second hand Apex springs. Also fitted some ph2 rear lights to freshen it up a bit from the back.

IMG_1806.gif

IMG_1808.gif

IMG_1809.gif

IMG_1811.gif

IMG_1812.gif

IMG_1813.gif

IMG_1814.gif

IMG_1815.gif

IMG_1816.gif

IMG_1819.gif

IMG_1820.gif

IMG_1825.gif

IMG_1826.gif

IMG_1827.gif

IMG_1828.gif

IMG_1834.gif

IMG_1837.gif

IMG_1839.gif

IMG_1840.gif

IMG_1842.gif

IMG_1847.gif

IMG_1848.gif

Personal favourite:

IMG_1830.gif

Future plans are now to keep it. I don;t need anything newer/faster/better looking etc so no need to tie up the money in something. Does everything I need it to do as a weekend-ish car. And I can't think of any car I've owned that I would pick to do a drive about like this!

Nissan 350z
Woah since when were you back in Renault Sport ownership!? And why wasnt i considered for this :(

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Re: s**t weather. s**t pics. Great car.

What a great looking OEM+ ph1 172..! Lovely pics, and so refreshing to see one thats not been b*****dised into a ph2 look-a-like.

Love it!! :approve:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I do like a nice standard Phase 1 172.

My Exclusive has done 117k and still gets 37-40 mpg, and pulls like a wee train! Great motors!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR

Woah since when were you back in Renault Sport ownership!? And why wasnt i considered for this :(

Had it for a couple of months I think!
Never thought to be honest mate, will give you a shout next time if you like?!

What a great looking OEM+ ph1 172..! Lovely pics, and so refreshing to see one thats not been b*****dised into a ph2 look-a-like.

Love it!! :approve:

Thanks dude but trust me it's a piece of crap! Dented, scratched, kerbed etc!
But it does the job I need it to do and puts a smile on my face.

Will be getting a wheel refurb, needs a cam belt service, and then might get it wrapped. Paintwork is very rough and it seems the best way to get it looking a bit fresher. Could also do with some new shocks and bushes etc just to tighten it up a bit!

Nissan 350z
Yeah deffinately, im living in Notts at the moment but im often Spondon way so drop me a text next time.
Sounds like you need to get yourself booked in with Mick @ Diamond Motors, hes in Long Eaton and theres a decent wheel refurb place on the same business unit too :)

Is that Ilam / Dovedale in those pics above? Any hassle with police scamera vans?

V6 255, 172's, JCW,

Well it looks nice and straight ! lol. and hey, dont under estimate how well titanium comes up after some simple, sympathetic TLC. Cheaper than a wrap too ;)

Looks great in the pics.. even if its not so good in reality. :approve:

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Yeah Mick has quoted me for it, just need to get some spare money for it. No rush as the car hardly moves!

Wrap wise I'm not sure to be honest, I spoke to the guy on here who did his in a satin grey and it looks awesome, so tempted by that. Don't want something in your face, just nice and subtle and to hide all the bad bits!
Although I like having it as a bit of a s**tter and not worried about parking it places etc, which I'd lose if I spent a few quid wrapping it. We'll see!

Willliams, the wrap's aren't mega money! Had a titanium 182, does look great once polished up. Thing is I'd rather go out for 2/3 hours like today over cleaning it....!

120d M Sport

I feel exactly the same as you about my old girl.

Every wheel is kerbed, the interior is showing all 106k of it's mileage and theres a few dinks and bits of flaking paint on the outside.

However, it's fast, it drives tight, stops well, handles well, does 30-35mpg regardless of how it gets driven and best of all, stands me at £1250. All bases covered!

Black 200
Looks like a great example and that MPG is pretty impressive too! Must be well looked after

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Alex - exactly my thinking!

Cain - as above it's rough round the edges but does the job. MPG wise I managed 41 going to sheffield 3 up with a boot full of stuff so it's decent enough!

Cheers slinky.

Black 200
41mpg, even better. I thought i'd be at the petrol station every day after owning a diesel. I'm gladly mistaken!

An orange one
Amazing how the ph1 has gone from looking dated and old (IMHO) and now back to looking superb and almost prefer it over the ph2 172's

Car looks great mate!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Cheers Colin.

I know what you mean, I used to hate them and was never over the moon with it looks wise when I first got it, but lowering it does make them look a fair bit meaner I think! Should be better when I get my ph2 side strips painted and on and sort something with the wheels to tidy them up.

An orange one
Keep the wheels nice and silver, anthracite etc all been done to death

Id personally keep the sidestrips as they are..lol

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Lovely pics and the car looks well.

Cant help but giggle at some of the locations youve been to though.It looks like you scanned through dogging monthly to find some of those...lol

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Haha, a few pics are actually at a caravan club thing I found near carsington reservoir, so not far off ;)

Actually want to do a drive like this every week!

Black 200
Lovely pics and the car looks well.

Cant help but giggle at some of the locations youve been to though.It looks like you scanned through dogging monthly to find some of those...lol

If I could favourite this post I would. He was slightly hungover so I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

Clio 197
Some nice pics there. The front of the ph1 is really starting to grow on me too now. I do like "Ian 182's" post too lol.