ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

S.V Autobahn

STEALTH RAIDER
Ive not spent loads of time looking around for this but i know its been mensioned on other sites. Autobahn on paintwork? Ive heard thats its more or less the same as the shield wax as it contains PTFE? A few people putting it on their front end during winter is the most ive ever heard. Thought id do a wing today and see what happens. Beads and sheets like fook but durability wise?? I only dabbed the pot and got a full wing out of it due to it being so greasy/mushy. Any answers for me please? Lew

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Isn't It gritty like iirc? I've only used it on wheels, never thought one second of putting it on paintwork? We are talking of the Swissvax wheel wax ?

Never used it on the paint, but don't see any reason why not. Painted wheels are painted metal and pastic (caps) at the end of the day, just the same as bodywork... looking at it from a very basic point of view...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lols... wheel wax... Lols... wheel wax.. lols...

Megane R26
It's the same product as Shield and yes you can use it on your paintwork.

It's too expensive to use on wheels IMO! Colli 845...

STEALTH RAIDER
Using it on my wheels every few months is still leaving me with a near full pot so it isnt going down, lol. Dont really like having products for stupid amounts of time so i like using them as i need to and have newish stuff in my arsenal. Tried a thin coat by palm last week and was very impressed with a little going a very very long way. How long it would last for i dont really know. Based on the shields longtivity, how long do you think it would give me?

STEALTH RAIDER
Isn't It gritty like iirc? I've only used it on wheels, never thought one second of putting it on paintwork? We are talking of the Swissvax wheel wax ?

The first touch is kind of gritty but once rubbed between palms its like a greasy handcream and it disolves almost instantly. I managed to leave it on the wing for 30 mins before it started to rain so i reckon it could of cured for longer too!!