ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

S2000

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
My friend purchased an S2K a few months ago, mechanical's are good, body work not so much, but it was one of the best AP2 examples we could find for the money. Within a week or so the car was at the body shop and had a full respray in Honda Midnight Plum Pearl. Sadly my friend has since moved to Canada, he may import the car not sure, but i reckon it will be supercharged soon enough...

IMG-20190611-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20190611-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20190611-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20190611-WA0008.jpg
IMG-20190611-WA0009.jpg
IMG-20190611-WA0010.jpg
IMG-20190611-WA0011.jpg
IMG-20190611-WA0012.jpg
IMG-20190611-WA0014.jpg
IMG-20190611-WA0015.jpg

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
I like S2000's a lot, and almost bought one recently. But I don't like that very much

They are great cars and i had a lot of fun driving around.

Style will always be each to their own, first step of the evolution. I'm sure more body parts and wheels will be fitted at some stage.

I like S2000's a lot, and almost bought one recently. But I don't like that very much

Same. I'm more an OEM + late model kinda guy. The colour is lovely though and I'm sure there are many that would like it in its current guise.

2004 is prime for Canada though. Needs to be 15 years old or older so just fits the criteria.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Same. I'm more an OEM + late model kinda guy. The colour is lovely though and I'm sure there are many that would like it in its current guise.

2004 is prime for Canada though. Needs to be 15 years old or older so just fits the criteria.

Yer he bought it with Import in mind, but he is not sure if he is going to stay out there or not.

The colour is awesome, especially in real life.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Firstly, I hate your friend. Not only does he have an S2000 - but with the chance to actually own and drive it out in Canada? Has he had the luxury of being on some of those British Columbia roads before?

Secondly - he doesn't need to worry so much about keeping it pristine if over there. Stone-chips are an unfortunate consequence of Canadian driving, but I'd happily put up with that for the combination of car & roads.

Love the colour - but would prefer the stock panels to be fitted on it.

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
Love s2000s but didn’t like the tax, mpg, bolts seizing, high miler examples and not much go for the cash.

But the heel and toe in that all day long and who gives a s**t

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Love s2000s but didn’t like the tax, mpg, bolts seizing, high miler examples and not much go for the cash.

The driving experience is epic, this is a lower tax example i believe but still has the AP2 revisions. You just get used to the power pretty quickly.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Unless it’s an import then technically it’s not an AP2, we only got the AP1 over here, with this being the facelifted version.

AP2 is the 2.2 litre US model :)

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Unless it’s an import then technically it’s not an AP2, we only got the AP1 over here, with this being the facelifted version.

AP2 is the 2.2 litre US model :)

Yes that is true, we never got the AP2 officially, however we did get the revisions under the "AP1 Facelift" apart from 2.2 obviously.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Still love these, but they never dropped value enough before I started having kids to actually own one lol. I wouldn't say the one here is ruined, just needs normal wings and a smaller exhaust.

Mk1

I've dailied mine for the last 18 months (01 model)

The tax is the lower bracket which whilst still high it's not THAT bad... MPG can be bad when driving it 'properly..' I've had 36MPG out of it on long runs though with ease. Commuting and enjoying it is more like 24-29MPG though.

Geo bolts seizing is a very common problem, luckily mine moved enough to sort a fast road alignment on.. decent cars overall and hold values well!!

Mk1
Love the look of that. They’re just a bit lifeless to drive IMO.

Did you hit 6k RPM lol?

They are lifeless anything below that, plus the gear ratios are quite long. Only comes to life when you get the chance to enjoy it really, which isn't too often..

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Did you hit 6k RPM lol?

They are lifeless anything below that, plus the gear ratios are quite long. Only comes to life when you get the chance to enjoy it really, which isn't too often..

Yeah that’s what I’d heard (that they’re gutless below vtec). But honestly it just didn’t feel any quicker than I remember my 172 being. Just made a lot of noise lol

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve had two, loved the first one (02 plate), did 500 miles a week in it and had it 18 months or so (Devon > Portsmouth and back once a week plus general driving around).

Only tried to kill me the once.

Second one was an 04 plate facelift bought 5 years after I’d got rid of the first one.

Sadly never really gelled with it, did about 200 miles in it in a year lol. Not sure if it was the handling changes they made but it just never felt great to drive, had all the geo checked but just didn’t feel great.

They do need to be wound up with that engine, below 6k it’s nothing special (not bad, but nothing great), but once in that VTEC zone it was pretty special, and a decent enough noise for a 4 pot.

As sacrilegious as this will sound, I’d have loved one with a nice quick DSG style box to flick up and down, even with that manual box which was so so good.

Overall think I just got old, coupled with the wife having back problems that meant she couldn’t ever go in it :(

Maybe I should try one of the new Supras out...

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Sorry, not a fan of that but each to their own. Too much “Tokyo Drift” for my liking.

I still have mine. Most will know I have one, I’ve talked about it enough over the years [emoji23]

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Wheels and exhaust don't do much for me but, with some more aggro splitters and bits, I think it could look quite cool. I quite like racy looking jap stuff though.