ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

S3 to 182 owner

RenaultVirgin

Leeds & Surrounding
ClioSport Area Rep
  Integra Type R DC5
Welcome to the forum mate!
Do you want adding to the Yorkshire members list for meets and the like?

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
I've gone from 182 to S3 (8P) back to a 182.

S3 is a brilliant daily but honestly a tad boring compared to the 182 (without sounding like a cliche)

Welcome to the forum! I think you'll enjoy owning a RenaultSport..

New2RS

ClioSport Club Member
I've gone from 182 to S3 (8P) back to a 182.

S3 is a brilliant daily but honestly a tad boring compared to the 182 (without sounding like a cliche)

Welcome to the forum! I think you'll enjoy owning a RenaultSport..
Thanks mate,
I'm sure I'll enjoy the RS, I've always fancied one and the handling doesn't disappoint!
Had the S3 for four years, lovely car, very fast but also very heavy. Put it round a few circuits but decided to get something more suitable.
Did you track yours at all?

New2RS

ClioSport Club Member
IMG_0695.JPG

Done it!
That's her at Mallory park (with terrified girlfriend in tow)

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks mate,
I'm sure I'll enjoy the RS, I've always fancied one and the handling doesn't disappoint!
Had the S3 for four years, lovely car, very fast but also very heavy. Put it round a few circuits but decided to get something more suitable.
Did you track yours at all?

Yeah I'm sure you will, can't really beat a 172/182 as a first proper track day car.

Yeah agreed on the heaviness of them, it understeered a lot even with Quattro, almost until you mash the throttle too much by which point it would get a bit twitchier at the rear, if you know what I mean? I just found the adjustability difficult to predict but straight line speed and all weather traction on the daily drive was excellent and build quality is genuinely good. Never tracked it though, with the weight I think the tyres wouldn't have lasted long. This was mine -
IMG_7611.JPG

New2RS

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I'm sure you will, can't really beat a 172/182 as a first proper track day car.

Yeah agreed on the heaviness of them, it understeered a lot even with Quattro, almost until you mash the throttle too much by which point it would get a bit twitchier at the rear, if you know what I mean? I just found the adjustability difficult to predict but straight line speed and all weather traction on the daily drive was excellent and build quality is genuinely good. Never tracked it though, with the weight I think the tyres wouldn't have lasted long. This was mine -
View attachment 182938
Speed blue I believe, the best colour in my opinion.
Yeah I'd agree with all your points there, I upgraded the rear ARB which dialled out loads of understeer and balanced the chassis much more but corner speed was still low compared to the clios on track! Which brings you straight back to the weight again. It did destroy tyres apart from in the wet where I must say it was very capable.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome aboard!

How's the 182 in terms of condition? Does it need anything doing straight away?

I take it you've already had a heads-up regarding the belts on the RS Clios? And probably by now, the driveshafts will be past their best - though thankfully you'll be down to just two from your previous four. :wink:

Cost wise for the parts and maintenance - these are cracking little cars for what you get. It will be interesting to see what you think of the transition from the S3.

New2RS

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome aboard!

How's the 182 in terms of condition? Does it need anything doing straight away?

I take it you've already had a heads-up regarding the belts on the RS Clios? And probably by now, the driveshafts will be past their best - though thankfully you'll be down to just two from your previous four. :wink:

Cost wise for the parts and maintenance - these are cracking little cars for what you get. It will be interesting to see what you think of the transition from the S3.
Thanks mate,
As far as condition I believe I've found an excellent example, 41k, same owner for last 10 years with extensive service history including belts, dephaser and drive shafts in the last 3 years. I did a lot of reasearch before buying but joining the forum was an excellent move as it's full of helpful people like yourself.
I'm enjoying the transition so far, the cars are poles apart, no regrets so far and I'm sure when I hit the track I'll know why I changed over.

Welcome along bud :smile:

I just thought I'd reiterate, "pics of said girlfriend"
Just kidding.... it's a running thing on the forum and I've only been here a few months 😂
I'm suprised I've not been slaughtered for not posting pics of my wife... however, I think there is another rule that once it's wife's, it's off limits or something's like that..

I'm just off the read the rules again 😂

Enjoy the forum bud :up:

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome along bud [emoji2]

I just thought I'd reiterate, "pics of said girlfriend"
Just kidding.... it's a running thing on the forum and I've only been here a few months 😂
I'm suprised I've not been slaughtered for not posting pics of my wife... however, I think there is another rule that once it's wife's, it's off limits or something's like that..

I'm just off the read the rules again 😂

Enjoy the forum bud :up:
Pic's of wife, dem rulz. [emoji38]